Saving stills from DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

How does one save a high quality still image from a DVD?  Is it done by taking a screen shot or is there a software function that allows saving the image?

Alas, that is one of those questions best asked in a different forum, and I'm not quite sure which forum

But the answer is bascially "YES" (That is both options are used depending on the software you have on your computer)

Fire up whatever software (Example POWER DVD, The Core Media Player, VideoLan) you use to wach DVDs and click on the HELP file

Except for Video Lan, it does not have a help file (But then you get what you pay for and Video Lan is $0.00 your choice of currency)

Power DVD is shipped with many DVD players... It came with all 3 of my DVD drives

This is from the POWER DVD XP help file (even if I'm running win-98)

During playback, simply click the Capture button  to capture any video content as a still image.
To be more precise, you may pause the scene, play in slow motion, or step frame and then capture.
Note: The location of the captured images' can be set in the Configuration area, for they are saved in .BMP format. Go to the Capture Configuration for more information.

Steve said:
How does one save a high quality still image from a DVD?  Is it done by taking a screen shot or is there a software function that allows saving the image?

Steve

Google put out a very handy graphics handling program. It arranges, does minor (very) adjusting, presents slide shows, etc. and will import pictures from cameras, DVDs, CDs, etc.  It has almost replaced Irfanview for us. Download picasa2 at:
http://www.picasa.com/download/index.php

Thanks for the tips Bernie and John.  I'll check out the features of the various installed programs I have and see what I can find.  If I cannot do it "in house", then I'll look at picasa.

John,  There is a great deal of diverse skill and talent here in the RV Forum, and even obscure not necessarily RV queries can find an answer. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom