Insurance for truck camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last evening I was chatting with a couple who recently purchased a Lance camper and are getting ready to hit the road part time. They mentioned that their camper is covered insurance-wise between their truck insurance and their homeowners. Can anyone confirm this?

TIA.

Tom,

We had a truck camper before the coach.  I'll bet that insurance companys differs; but we have Farmers for both our house and cars.  The camper itself was NOT covered by either policies.  The contents were covered, but we ended up adding a rider to cover the camper.  It wasn't much as I recall, but worth it in our opinion.

Marsha~

Thanks Marsha. It didn't occur to me to ask which insurance company they used.

My insurance agent told me that the truck camper was insured via the trucks insurance.  A rider would be a good idea in any case.  Same goes for homeowners, while stored in the yard, just the same as anything there. 

The camper itself is covered by the truck collision & comprehensive insurance while it is actually on the truck. Not when detached and sitting somewhere. The contents would be covered by homeowners, to the extent of the homeowner policy on "personal property". Stuff that is not structurally part of the camper and not portable personal property (clothes, toys, etc) might fall through the cracks insurance wise. A tv set, for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom