Onan 4000 won't turn over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedfreak351

Hello everyone. I've tried to find the answer to this by searching, but no luck. I have a 1993 Fleetwood motorhome with a Onan 4000 generator. The generator worked fine and then I had a guy fix the hot water heater. A while later I tried to start the generator and it doesn't turn over at all. If I jump the solenoid it turns over but that's all.
I don't know if the guy stole a wire for the water heater or if it's something else. Can someone please let me know where I can find a wiring diagram or if someone has run into this?

Thanks in advance.
CW

I have run into a few times when the thing errored out that it didn't turn when I pushed start
I found that pressing the stop side
and sometimes pressing and holding the stop side of the switch resets things

google the model number of the generator and you should come up with plenty of sources for manuals and schematics.
mine for example is a 4kyfa26100p

I know I was able to find schematics online someplace....might take a few minutes of searching though

There should be no connection between fixing the water heater and starting the generator but... If it turns over by jumping the the starter solenoid, that narrows it down pretty well. Check and trace the small wires on the solenoid, you may have broken one (especially on the ground side if that mechanic worked close by), one likely goes to the "Start button", the other to ground. You can check for the presence (or not) of 12V on the small wires at the solenoid when trying to start by using a test lamp or meter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom