Draining fresh water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

73Camper

I have an old trailer and it doesn't look like it has a drain for the water tank. Is this normal? If so how do I drain it? Thanks

It may not, but hunt around. Sometimes its just a cap on a tube sticking out underneath.

There is often a Low Point drain for both hot & cold water lines and you can open those and you can run the pump to push water out to the drains.  The drains may have valves or just caps, and may be hidden under a floor panel or some such. You may be able tolocate them by looking from underneath.  If no Low Point drains for the water lines, you have to pump it through the faucets to the gray tank and then dump that.

Does it still have the original tank?  If not really no telling what they did.
It probably will be a pressurized gray metal one if it's orginal. on my first trailer it had a regular water faucet sticking out from the front corner.

I may not have mentioned that is a 1973 TT. I looked for a valve or a cap and could not find anything. I find it hard to believe that you drain it using the facet. Thanks!!

I had to replace the drain valve on my fresh water tank on my camper, went to drain it, the valve knob broke off !..lol. I just went to lowes, bought a reg water valve, some 3/4 black pipe, all fixed, works great. not sure how or why yours does not have a drain valve ?, but try looking all around the tank for a water line going straight down through the floor. my tank is under the bed, I can lift the top up, and get to my fresh water tank, water pump, and hot water tank, everything is right there. I do need to buy me a couple of those lift rods, that wood is heavy for a queen bed..lol.

Back
Top Bottom