On the road Again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

I don't have to wait to be on the road again

Left Georgia, arrived South Carolina..  Runs right good.. Only problem is I did not pack properly so a couple times when I got caught by a short amber light and had to brake hard everything in the isle landed on ye old doghouse and I had to dig my way out.. Oh well. that will get fixes when I have a week to re-arrange.

3 days here then on to KY, OH and MI

Congrats, I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. Just be careful out there.

Speaking of cooler.....

I've been living the last two months at the shop, on 15 amps (Well closer to 10) just the Progressive Dynamics 9180 had 120vac power from the shop. everything else either ran on 12 VDC or off the Prosine which is starting to have issues.. If I needed MORE POWER (As Tim Allen used to say.. Oh,  It appears Last Man Standing won't be renewed for another season). I had to run the Genny and burn gasoline.. Burned over 100 Dollars worth keeping my cool.

So today.. I'm no 50 amps.. NICE

But when I fired up the computers the ForcastFox tool bar was still set to DARIEN.. I switched it to where I'm at and the thing said 10 Degrees cooler (YIPPIE) and I'm only one state north.. Weekend here, then on Monday resume the trip toward southern OHIO for another weekend and then back to MI.. Or as they say.. Happy days soon here again.

Time to do laundry today.

OH, and another change.. I used to use a LInksys WGA-54G "Wireless Game Adapter" as a "Front end' on a Wi=Fi repeater.. This feeds (Curretly) A Belkin router.. Well I"ve had a frew places where it rerfused to connect. this includs my Cell phone in hot spot mode.. Which by the way never really worked here (not enough signal).

Well.. I Replaced the linksys with a NanoStation LocoM2.. This is the "Outdoor" module on some Wi-Fi Ranger models.. Not only does it work great, it connected my Belkin router to two "host" systems which the Linksys did not (out of two I've tried to connect it to no less) the one I'm using now is my cell phone in hot spot mode.

The linksys bit the dust... AFTER I ordered the Nano-Station.  (But before it arrived)

What great news, John!  May all your travels go smoothly after this long ordeal.

ArdraF and JerryF

Well. Pulled out of FairPlay SC today.. Only thing that saddened me was there was a couple. Fred and Betty, Camp hosts at the other Upstate RV park I stay at winters, I wanted to say hi and I never got the chance (Read on)
Headed to Camping World in Spartinburg.. I needed to replace a key I lost (Hood and dog house locks) and replace a sewer hose support (Died of old age) and a couple other things that got lost or missing......

Camping world had everything I needed.. Including one each Fred and Betty.. Met 'em at the check out counter.

Life is improving  that's for sure.

Tomorrow I drop in on Visoner RV (If I spelled that right) about .. Well Minutes from where I am now. (One or two exits)

Fred and Betty!!??    Doesn't Betty belong to Barney.  And what about Wilma, was there
some kind of 21st century swap done here?  What did I miss?  :)

Back
Top Bottom