rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Working out Staying in Shape  (Read 4327 times)

PbFoot

Re: Working out Staying in Shape
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 11:22:17 PM »
Look into the TRX system. Itís a relatively cheap portable strap system that uses body weight and instability to increase work and muscle mass. Just need an attachment point about the height of the top of a door jam.
We used it on deployment when we didnít have access to gym equipment. We had to carry all of our gear so light weight was important.

Domo

• ---
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
Bands - store easily, hook to anything, can do any muscle group - rain or shine.

2008 Tiffin 36QSH
2017 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
BlueOx tow bar and base plate
Roadmaster Brakemaster
[line][/line]

Light travels faster than sound...
                                     that's why some people seem so bright before they open their mouths!

massspike

• ---
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
If you are looking for a RV friendly full body workout, I don't think you can beat "kettle bells". You aren't going to need more than one (1) 20-30lb bell and your wife one (1) 10-15lb bell. They are small and easy to store. They are cheap ($1.50 per lb) or a 4-bell starter set for $50. There are over a 100 exercises you can do with them (check out YouTube for examples). If you have a 5th wheel, you can do them inside (heck most can be done in a TT). A 20 minute workout is all you will need and if you do it the "Russian" way (lightweight, lots of reps) it will give you that intense cardio workout to complement walking and cycling.

Alpena Jeff

• ---
  • Yup....I married up!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 09:41:12 PM »
We are snowbirds. That said....

We are 66 and in reasonably good health. We keep it simple on the road. I carry only two dumbbell weights which I use for a multitude of exercises. My routine is weights every morning after coffee never working the same muscle groups consecutively. Normal daily weight workout length is up to you.
We walk or hike most days at a distance and pace that works for us. Some days we also walk after dinner.
The key is get into a routine. Make it part of who you are.
Things come up and you will miss a day. No worries. Pick it up tomorrow.
Judy does various dvd workouts every day. Find a routine that works for you and be true to it.
Itís not that hard. Just gotta want it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:45:45 PM by Alpena Jeff »
Jeff & Judy 🇺🇸
2016 Newmar Ventana
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain toad
Blue Ox Aventa LX - RVi3 - EEZRV
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan

Give peace a chance.....until they piss you off!

Patnsuzanne

• ---
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2020, 08:03:18 AM »
When weíre not on the road, we exercise every day so itís simple to keep it up when weíre traveling. We donít take any special workout equipment, other than our running shoes. We do push-ups and planks for upper body and core and make hiking a primary activity at our destinations. Running can pose a bit of a problem but we have found an app (TrailLink) that lists Rails-to-Trails around the country that has been very helpful when weíre looking for safe and reasonably flat places for long runs. When all else fails, many communities have a school where the locals go to walk/run laps around the track or even do stadiums.  We also plan our travel days so that weíre stopped and set up with enough daylight left to get in a good walk to stretch and work out the kinks from sitting in the truck.
Venture Sporttrek 27RL
2016 Toyota Tundra extended cab
5.7 V8
Equalizer WD hitch
Tekonsha P3
Eez TPMS