12v Power Jack in E450 Dash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillNoe

I'm looking for information about access to the 12v power jacks in the dash of my E450.  There are two jacks visible and one in the glove box.  The jack on the left is on all the time as is the one in the glove box.  The one on the right has no power at any time.  I've checked the fuses in the box and all are good.  Since the left jack and the one in the glove box are operable I believe the connection to the right one is bad.

I've searched for a schematic for the dash with negative results.  I've examined the dash and find nothing obvious that would indicate a way to dismantle it.  I have not removed the dog-house as yet.

I bought the Cruise America retired rental in January.  I have a few accessories, back-up camera and GPS, I want to install and finding a way to access the power in the dash area will make that easier.  I will be installing several amateur radios but will access the house batteries for that.

I appreciate any assistance.

Bill Noe - W7PVA

Dash panel just pops loose.  Might need a dash removal tool to pry it open but no screws or anything.  Best I remember both 12v plugs are always live but not 100% sure

Personally, I would go right to the battery for power and ignore the jacks on the dash. You can run a cable in half the time it would take to pull the dash apart and reassemble it, and not have power cords hanging from the dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom