Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: water filter cartridge  (Read 786 times)

olly72

• ---
water filter cartridge
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
Hello All:  Have searched all over but cannot find what I need.  I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h.  Thanks All.
Russ Olson
Itasca Sunrise 32H
Brake buddy
Blue Ox
Safe-T

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
Re: water filter cartridge
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:02 AM »
I get a variety of water filters from www.rvwaterfilterstore.com -- prompt & reasonably priced.
Paul ... (KE5LXU), was fulltimin', now parttimin'...
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40e
'05 Honda Odyssey toad
Escapees, FMCA, SMART, WIT
http://www.pjrider.com

RLSharp

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »
Hello All:  Have searched all over but cannot find what I need.  I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h.  Thanks All.
What is he name and number on the filter? We have no way to know what filter you are searching for. R
Richard & Linda
Rochester, NY (summer)
Tucson, AZ (winter)

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
I have a feeling he is looking for a "whole house filter" cartridge. There are many available in stores like Walmart, RV suppliers,bigger hardware stores like Lowes, Ace,  etc. The easiest thing to do is remove the old one and go shopping.

(These cartridges are roughly 1.5" in diameter and 8-9" long and fit in a container that is at least 4" in diameter at the top end and 10-11" high.)

Like this one:

HTH
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:18:22 PM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
I've had good service from "1 800 Water Filters"...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »
I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h. 

Russ, we need more information.
Water filtration systems are not unique to a particular MH model.
I'm presuming you have a filter housing under the sink, but there is no existing cartridge inserted into the housing for you to identify?
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 04:10:18 PM »
I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h.
My 03 Winnie has an Everpure ADC metal self-contained filter under the sink. It sort of screws into the filter head. The one pictured at this link https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/A3001.htm has a storage cap over the "threads", so you cannot see them.
'05 Honda Odyssey toad

olly72

• ---
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »
Binarybob you are correct.  I don't have a filter cartridge to find the info.  This filter is obviously not as big as a water supply one.  I only filters the drinking water small faucet.  Thanks ever one for your replies.  I have gone on many sites concerning the filter but don't want to order the wrong one.
Russ Olson
Itasca Sunrise 32H
Brake buddy
Blue Ox
Safe-T

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »
Strange that the housing doesn't have a sticker on it.
I'll bet if you measure the diameter of the housing opening, and post a picture of it (if possible), someone can identify it.

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

Mile High

• ---
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 06:22:46 PM »
If its like mine, its a 3M cartridge and costs over $70 to replace.  I replaced the whole undersink filter system with a Filtrete standard for $23 and the cartridges are $19.  The only problem is the water doesn't flow through when the filter is removed, so to winterize I have to bypass the filter system with a double female sharkbite fitting.
Brad and Dory
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E (new to us 2016)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
FMCA 457993 / WIT W170238
Denver, CO

john owens

• ---
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
Our traded in Itasca 27 footer took the everpure filter.found on Amazon. The year of coach was a 2005. Our 2011 Winnebago takes a 3m also..There are many different filters out there so you need to do your homework or just replace the whole thing. Should be an easy screw fitting install. Good Luck!
2011 Winnebago 37F Class A  2012 Unlimited JK 2001 HD roadking  1964 Manx 1641cc buggy 1985 22'Lazy Daze Class C 2007 Chaparrel 26' deck boat..Thats all folks!!

azwinne

• ---
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »
quote" My 03 Winnie has an Everpure ADC metal self-contained filter under the sink. It sort of screws into the filter head. The one pictured at this link https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/A3001.htm has a storage cap over the "threads", so you cannot see them. " unquote

I am thinking thnat you have the above ADC everpure unit, I have the same on my 2006 Winnebago.
Should be a "bypass plug" there to take the filter out of the circuit when you winterize.

edit by staff - fixed typo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:36:54 AM by John Canfield »
Tom
2006 Winnebago 31C
Retired industrial/commercial electrician
WN7E

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »
If the filter is the one under the sink, it's the ADC Everpure or something like that and very expensive.It's a twist on cartridge and the filter mount does have a bypass plug that replaces the filter cartridge for winterization.

In fact I just went through the on-line search for a filter a few months ago. Bought two of them (forgot where) and the assembly would leak. After much head scratching (I was about to replace the cartridge mount assembly) I tried the second new filter and to my pleasant surprise there was no leak. Something was wrong with that brand new filter cartridge  ::). Into the trash it went. First one I've ever had a problem with in 12 years.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »
If the filter is the one under the sink, it's the ADC Everpure or something like that and very expensive.It's a twist on cartridge and the filter mount does have a bypass plug that replaces the filter cartridge for winterization.

In fact I just went through the on-line search for a filter a few months ago. Bought two of them (forgot where) and the assembly would leak. After much head scratching (I was about to replace the cartridge mount assembly) I tried the second new filter and to my pleasant surprise there was no leak. Something was wrong with that brand new filter cartridge  ::). Into the trash it went. First one I've ever had a problem with in 12 years.

Our 02 Adventurer uses the same filter John. We buy them at Camping World and if you catch the early season special they are about $36 otherwise CW prices them at $45 or therebouts.  We use this filter for our coffee water and there is a big difference if you just use the regular faucet water.
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Grace-10 & Squeak-4, Winnie - 8 months

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 08:12:10 AM »
...  We use this filter for our coffee water and there is a big difference if you just use the regular faucet water.
Exactly! Same here, makes a huge difference in the taste of the coffee.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »
I am thinking thnat you have the above ADC everpure unit, I have the same on my 2006 Winnebago.
Should be a "bypass plug" there to take the filter out of the circuit when you winterize.

edit by staff - fixed typo
This head also has a shut off lever that moves up & down. If no cartridge is in it that lever is likely in the off position. I believe off would be up. 
'05 Honda Odyssey toad

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »
Yes, lever up, the cartridge is bypassed. Lever down, normal operation.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
Exactly the same Everpure that I have. I'm guessing the OP has too, but confirmation would be good. Those cartridges are pricey.

--Gary RV Roamer--

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 08:17:14 AM »
Binarybob you are correct.  I don't have a filter cartridge to find the info.  This filter is obviously not as big as a water supply one.  It only filters the drinking water small faucet.  Thanks ever one for your replies.  I have gone on many sites concerning the filter but don't want to order the wrong one.

As an FYI, if you have an ice maker in the fridge, in many cases it will supply that too.
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 09:27:09 AM »
As an FYI, if you have an ice maker in the fridge, in many cases it will supply that too.
On the op's Winnebago that is the case.  The ice maker water shut -off is a small t-valve in the small water line under the sink.
'05 Honda Odyssey toad

Mile High

• ---
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
On the op's Winnebago that is the case.  The ice maker water shut -off is a small t-valve in the small water line under the sink.
Ya, mine was that way and it seemed silly to triple filter the ice maker (fridge has filter and coach has a whole house filter).  I modified the tubing so the ice maker comes off in front of that undersink filter.
Brad and Dory
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E (new to us 2016)
FMCA 457993 / WIT W170238
Denver, CO

schoolsout2

• ---
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »
He IS looking for the Everpure.  They run about $40, I swapped mine out for a less expensive system with easy to find filters from True Value.  The carbon filter under the sink is for drinking water at the sink, and it goes to the ice maker..  at least that was how my 06 Adventurer was set up.
Dave and Sue Fullerman
2014 Winnebago Tour
2012 Honda CRV
FMCA F7777D
from Ohio now full time

olly72

• ---
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
Thanks All:  Contacted Lichsinn and they  provided the information and filter.  Wasn't able to write done the model but it's in the mail.
Russ Olson
Itasca Sunrise 32H
Brake buddy
Blue Ox
Safe-T

Ray,IN

• ---
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
My 03 Winnie has an Everpure ADC metal self-contained filter under the sink. It sort of screws into the filter head. The one pictured at this link https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/A3001.htm has a storage cap over the "threads", so you cannot see them.
I also have an ADC filtration system in the MH. Hard to believe, but Camping World has the lowest pricing for replacements. The long filter is designed for full-timers, the short version for vacationers.
I buy long filters, and store them in the frig at home when MH is parked for an extended period.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom 40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis.  USA 1SG, retired, Good Sam Life member.
The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take the government off the backs of people. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ray,IN

• ---
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »
Binarybob you are correct.  I don't have a filter cartridge to find the info.  This filter is obviously not as big as a water supply one.  I only filters the drinking water small faucet.  Thanks ever one for your replies.  I have gone on many sites concerning the filter but don't want to order the wrong one.
If you have an ADC, the plastic head can be black or white, probably black-most are, with a lever on top to shut off water flow into filter for changing filter element. IF you get water from the drinking water spigot, the plastic cap is installed, this cap facilitates changing filters and winterizing the 1/8" water line to the ice maker-if you have one. There will always be about one-half oz water drip out when either the filter or cap is removed, place a towel underneath to catch the drips.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom 40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis.  USA 1SG, retired, Good Sam Life member.
The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take the government off the backs of people. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Hosted by Over The Network