water filter cartridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olly72

Hello All:  Have searched all over but cannot find what I need.  I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h.  Thanks All.

I have a feeling he is looking for a "whole house filter" cartridge. There are many available in stores like Walmart, RV suppliers,bigger hardware stores like Lowes, Ace,  etc. The easiest thing to do is remove the old one and go shopping.

(These cartridges are roughly 1.5" in diameter and 8-9" long and fit in a container that is at least 4" in diameter at the top end and 10-11" high.)

Like this one:

HTH

Attachments

• water filter.jpg
    water filter.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 20
olly72 said:
I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h. 

Russ, we need more information.
Water filtration systems are not unique to a particular MH model.
I'm presuming you have a filter housing under the sink, but there is no existing cartridge inserted into the housing for you to identify?

olly72 said:
I'm looking for the type of water filter cartridge that is found under the sink on a 2008 Itasca sunrise 32h.
My 03 Winnie has an Everpure ADC metal self-contained filter under the sink. It sort of screws into the filter head. The one pictured at this link https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/A3001.htm has a storage cap over the "threads", so you cannot see them.

Binarybob you are correct.  I don't have a filter cartridge to find the info.  This filter is obviously not as big as a water supply one.  I only filters the drinking water small faucet.  Thanks ever one for your replies.  I have gone on many sites concerning the filter but don't want to order the wrong one.

Strange that the housing doesn't have a sticker on it.
I'll bet if you measure the diameter of the housing opening, and post a picture of it (if possible), someone can identify it.

If its like mine, its a 3M cartridge and costs over $70 to replace.  I replaced the whole undersink filter system with a Filtrete standard for $23 and the cartridges are $19.  The only problem is the water doesn't flow through when the filter is removed, so to winterize I have to bypass the filter system with a double female sharkbite fitting.

Our traded in Itasca 27 footer took the everpure filter.found on Amazon. The year of coach was a 2005. Our 2011 Winnebago takes a 3m also..There are many different filters out there so you need to do your homework or just replace the whole thing. Should be an easy screw fitting install. Good Luck!

quote" My 03 Winnie has an Everpure ADC metal self-contained filter under the sink. It sort of screws into the filter head. The one pictured at this link https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/A3001.htm has a storage cap over the "threads", so you cannot see them. " unquote

I am thinking thnat you have the above ADC everpure unit, I have the same on my 2006 Winnebago.
Should be a "bypass plug" there to take the filter out of the circuit when you winterize.

edit by staff - fixed typo

If the filter is the one under the sink, it's the ADC Everpure or something like that and very expensive.It's a twist on cartridge and the filter mount does have a bypass plug that replaces the filter cartridge for winterization.

In fact I just went through the on-line search for a filter a few months ago. Bought two of them (forgot where) and the assembly would leak. After much head scratching (I was about to replace the cartridge mount assembly) I tried the second new filter and to my pleasant surprise there was no leak. Something was wrong with that brand new filter cartridge  ::). Into the trash it went. First one I've ever had a problem with in 12 years.

John Canfield said:
If the filter is the one under the sink, it's the ADC Everpure or something like that and very expensive.It's a twist on cartridge and the filter mount does have a bypass plug that replaces the filter cartridge for winterization.

In fact I just went through the on-line search for a filter a few months ago. Bought two of them (forgot where) and the assembly would leak. After much head scratching (I was about to replace the cartridge mount assembly) I tried the second new filter and to my pleasant surprise there was no leak. Something was wrong with that brand new filter cartridge  ::). Into the trash it went. First one I've ever had a problem with in 12 years.

Our 02 Adventurer uses the same filter John. We buy them at Camping World and if you catch the early season special they are about $36 otherwise CW prices them at $45 or therebouts.  We use this filter for our coffee water and there is a big difference if you just use the regular faucet water.

azwinne said:
I am thinking thnat you have the above ADC everpure unit, I have the same on my 2006 Winnebago.
Should be a "bypass plug" there to take the filter out of the circuit when you winterize.

edit by staff - fixed typo
This head also has a shut off lever that moves up & down. If no cartridge is in it that lever is likely in the off position. I believe off would be up. 

olly72 said:
Binarybob you are correct.  I don't have a filter cartridge to find the info.  This filter is obviously not as big as a water supply one.  It only filters the drinking water small faucet.  Thanks ever one for your replies.  I have gone on many sites concerning the filter but don't want to order the wrong one.

As an FYI, if you have an ice maker in the fridge, in many cases it will supply that too.

Alfa38User said:
As an FYI, if you have an ice maker in the fridge, in many cases it will supply that too.
On the op's Winnebago that is the case.  The ice maker water shut -off is a small t-valve in the small water line under the sink.

Back
Top Bottom