Battery Box options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT928

I just picked up 2 - 6 volt GC batteries at Costco for my TT. Of course my old 12 V battery box will not work now. I have noticed that a single 6V box is $10-20 while a dual 6V box is $70+. Has anyone had a problem using 2 separate boxes for their 6V batteries? It is certainly cheaper that way. It is also easier to remove from the TT one at a time. My batteries and propane tanks are in an enclosed area (vented of course) at the front of the TT. They are not exposed to the rain. Has anyone just used hold down straps?

GT928 said:
I just picked up 2 - 6 volt GC batteries at Costco for my TT. Of course my old 12 V battery box will not work now. I have noticed that a single 6V box is $10-20 while a dual 6V box is $70+. Has anyone had a problem using 2 separate boxes for their 6V batteries? It is certainly cheaper that way. It is also easier to remove from the TT one at a time. My batteries and propane tanks are in an enclosed area (vented of course) at the front of the TT. They are not exposed to the rain. Has anyone just used hold down straps?

GT928
I would use the 2 separate battery boxes.

It wouldn't anything to use two separate battery boxes, as long as the battery cables that connect them are kept short. There are tie down straps and tie down straps. You certainly don't want your battery containers sliding around, or breaking loose during a panic stop or other event. As long as they're secure, that's what counts.

Kev

I took out a single car marine batter and installed 2 GC batteries and I used a box for each one.  I did have to rebuild the vent system but it is not hard just takes some time to add the vent attachments to the boxes and then add hose.

Back
Top Bottom