EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com ARPC LLC Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: The Start of My Happy Travl'r Camper Build on a '66 Chevy 4x4  (Read 169 times)

DWJoyce

• ---
I was given a Happy Travl'r 8 foot 1/2 ton truck cabover camper which I plan to completely rebuild for my '66 Chevy 4x4 K10. Wish me luck folks!

RoyM

• ---
Re: The Start of My Happy Travl'r Camper Build on a '66 Chevy 4x4
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:50 AM »
 8) The camper definitely needs freshening up, I love that truck.
Ram 2500 diesel
Prowler fifth wheel
Urge to travel

tombillbob

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
I don,t know what your plans are, but i found it easier to build a new frame to match the old camper and then just bring over the siding, windows etc. to the new frame. If your interested go to search. Enter aluminum frame truck camper tc tom. There are some pictures in one or two of the posts. My wife and I had some of our best camping experiences in our truck camper. plus it was a fun project.

Hope you have a fun time with yours!

Tom

touchracing

• ---
  • Prepping for full time
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
I love the mid 60's chevy trucks.  Good luck on your project.  I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
Wherever I may roam

DWJoyce

• ---
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:06:32 AM »
A couple of pictures illustrating the results of the demolition. Amazingly, the roof structure is almost pristine and won't require work. The hole in the roof must be recent because there is no water damage under it. What you see is the old Luan I removed when checking the roof.

The corners are rotted out where the jacks were installed and the entire bed section of the cabover needs to be replaced. Although I can patch the camper base, I'll replace it with a new plywood box along with the lower and corner sections.

Hosted by Over The Network