Trailer electric plug to tow vehicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My electrical plug seems to fit loose to my tow vehicle (2016 chevy 2500 HD). I verified my lights and brakes work before I head out, but I worry that the plug may get disconnected during travel. Any suggestions?

I have the GMC twin of your truck and I notice the plug isn't snug too. However, there is a catch on the plug cover to hold the trailer's plug in place. Just be sure the catch on the trailer's plug is just in front of the catch on the truck's plug cover to help prevent trailer's plug from slipping back. Mine hasn't popped out yet.
But, I'm with you. I wish it felt a bit more secure.

PatrickandLisa said:
My electrical plug seems to fit loose to my tow vehicle (2016 chevy 2500 HD). I verified my lights and brakes work before I head out, but I worry that the plug may get disconnected during travel. Any suggestions?

As long as the receptacle cover latches on to it, it shouldn't pull out. Try pulling on it after it's connected.

PatrickandLisa said:
Thanks guys. I will check the spring cover on my truck. I appreciated the advice.

I had one where the spring rusted away and did not hold the cover onto the plug.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iec-telecom
Back
Top Bottom