No power to outlets, microwave in a Damon Intruder motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktaylor2017

Need some help.  I have a motorhome with no power to any outlets, microwave etc.  I have a magnetech 6435.  Shore inlet will not run anything inside the motorhome, as well as the generator except for the A/C. With the house batteries on, there is voltage at the magnatech, but no power through the fuses.  Lights work, but nothing that has is connected to the magnetech works. Do I need a new converter/charger?  Can a person with some skills hook it up?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Kevin

First, a bit of education.

The Magnetec is a combined AC and DC panel, with 120v circuit breakers and 12v fuses, plus a converter/charger that produces 12v from 120v shore power. Frankly, it is an antique that wasn't much good even when new, so upgrading it would be a wise move in any case. There are upgrade kits available for that.
http://www.bestconverter.com/MagnetekParallax-630073008300-Upgrade-Kits_c_64.html

That said, it appears that perhaps the shore power wiring is no longer connected to the 6345. However, I need to ask a few more questions:

Does the a/c work only on generator, or both genset and shore?

You say there is voltage at the Magnetec with batteries on, but where are you testing that, and how? And what is the battery voltage, e.g. is it 12.6v or ??

What year Intruder? Does it have an automatic transfer switch (shore vs genset power) or do you manually plug the shore cord to a genset outlet?

Can you detect 120v shore power anywhere in the Magnetec?

It is a 95 Damon Intruder.  Only the front A/C will work and it is only on when the generator is on. It is an automatic switch when you plug into shore.  I have no 120v anywhere.  I tested the house batteries at about 14.2 with a volt meter, then I went inside the the magnetek (on what they call the A and C terminals on the magnetek unit next to the fuse panel  with the black and white wires) and it measured 14.2 volts as well.

Hope this answers all of your questions.  Just let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Found the problem.  The positive terminals in the power converter were fried.  Saw that an animal had been behind the converter.  Also saw that some of the wires had bite marks on them.  Ordered new converter and now it works great!

Back
Top Bottom