campgrounds in florida with hard wired cable internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmayj726

Looking for a list of campgrounds in Florida that offer hard wired cable internet connections. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I stay at Sanlan RV Park in Lakeland and they have cable TV. They also have WiFi but it sucks. I could get internet service through the cable company.

Are you planning on a relatively long term stay in Florida? The parks where I've seen individual cable Internet available generally require a minimum one month stay before the cable company will hook you up. We carry our own cell based Internet with us, so what ever Internet service the parks do or do not offer isn't an issue.

My wife has to have hard wired cable internet for her job. We will be spending the whole winter. Thanks!

Just curious, but any idea why the hardwired cable restriction? Offhand, I can't think of anything that a cable service can do that my cell service can't do. 

It is a requirement at the company where she works. She is an RN and handles sensetive medical records. They are worried about hacking through wireless internet of any type. I have use cellular internet for ten years now and love the mobility.

jmayj726 said:
It is a requirement at the company where she works. She is an RN and handles sensetive medical records. They are worried about hacking through wireless internet of any type. I have use cellular internet for ten years now and love the mobility.

Apparently they're well behind the times technologically. End-to-end encryption technology has been around for years. ;)

And hardwired connections aren't any more secure. Easy to just plug into an unused port, etc. and monitor everything on the network that isn't encrypted ;-)

Even with wired internet you may suffer a bit, especially in older campgrounds. Comcast is the major supplier in Florida and has caused much grief for me in the past. the problem is often blamed on the cable network to the various sites. We also have cable TV, which I do not use, but others report it suffers from time to time as well.

captaindomon said:
And hardwired connections aren't any more secure. Easy to just plug into an unused port, etc. and monitor everything on the network that isn't encrypted ;-)

Provided you have physical access to that unused port. With wireless you don't have to have physical access, of course, so there is a difference. That being said, there are ways, but...

jmayj726 said:
Yup, I said the same thing. They are way behind in technology.

Sometimes that can be good. There are many things out there being hacked that shouldn't be accessible through the internet in the first place, which many folks would call "way behind in technology," but would improve security a LOT. Tech in and of itself isn't necessarily good, as it seems some folks think..

Larry N. said:
Provided you have physical access to that unused port. With wireless you don't have to have physical access, of course, so there is a difference. That being said, there are ways, but...

Physical access is seldom necessary to hack a computer anymore. The service providers and backbone suppliers are much easier access points. And cell connections are only wireless to the tower. These days, hacks much more commonly come from unsuspecting souls clicking on the wrong link or opening the wrong email attachment. In essence, they end up hacking themselves...

NY_Dutch said:
Physical access is seldom necessary to hack a computer anymore. The service providers and backbone suppliers are much easier access points. And cell connections are only wireless to the tower. These days, hacks much more commonly come from unsuspecting souls clicking on the wrong link or opening the wrong email attachment. In essence, they end up hacking themselves...

I'm aware of that Dutch, and I fully agree. I was addressing "Easy to just plug into an unused port." I guess "That being said, there are ways, but..." wasn't obvious, but those are some of the "ways" I had in mind.

Back
Top Bottom