Lippert leveling system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimdamedic

We have what appears to be a Lippert Ground Control leveling system in our Keystone 5th wheel. Today while tearing down, our camping neighbor accidentally unplugged our shoreline while I was raising the jacks on our camper. The leveling system immediately gave an error code. It should have been fine going up on just the battery but it wouldn't. I fiddled and fussed with it and it wouldn't auto retract, but each leg would go up individually on the control unit.

When I got home, the screen on the system was completely blank and it was beeping. After disconnecting problems I was able to extend the legs individually but auto level and auto retract will not work. Any ideas on this?  The precipitating event seems to be the unplugging of the unit while the legs were retracting but I don't see how. The battery is only two years old but if that were getting weak would that cause a problem like this?  FWIW, the errors now occur wether it is plugged in or not.

That is pretty odd. I would try disconnecting the rig from all power and let it sit for an hour or so. Then hook it back up to battery and try operating the jack pad from the 12 volt system only. 

Fwiw, it was the battery. Apparently the lippert systems are incredibly sensitive to battery issues. New batter and then reset the system. Works fine now.

Last summer mine blew a relay and we had to manually retract it drive 250 miles to an awesome dealer Blue Dog in Oregon who fixed it for us it 10 minutes we were 2 days into a 3 week vacation and the factory relay was only 15 amps when it should have been 30 amps but the Blue Dog Dealership was nothing short of awesome which was great because at that point we were almost 1000 miles from home having driven 650 miles our first day (long story)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom