Domestic stat e1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Afox77

My first trip of the season, I lost heat stat reads e1 I have 12 volts from + to -  comma read between 3.9 and 4.5 volts positive only.  Is the trouble with the stat or the control board.  Verified comma wire has continuity

welcome to the forum,  there are some very knowledgeable people that can probably help you here,  but it may help if you elaborated on some of the details...like year, make, model and the issue.

Gary RVer Emeritus said:
Which Dometic thermostat? There are several models of them.

Not sure what "comma" refers to either.  I thought a comma was a punctuation mark?

I interpeted that to mean common. It should technically be "ground" and not "common" either way.

Comms is the control wire that makes fan run or tells unit to give heat or cool

OK, that's the single zone digital model, per this manual:
http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-SingleZoneDigital-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf

It operates on +12v, and I thought the signal to the furnace or a/c was also +12v, but I have no info source to prove that. The installation manual for a #3313189.xxx is, I think, identical to your xx195 and that has some wiring info.

http://www.dyersonline.com/downloadfile/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/3353/

I found this info in one manual on BryantRV.com for a slightly different model, 3313192.XXX Cool/Furnace  but it seemed close.
Have you tried cycling through the on-off mode or temporarily removing the power to reset it?

LCD Error Code
When the system determines that one of the faults listed below has occurred an error
code will be displayed in the LCD.
Error Code:
E1 Loss of communication between the Single Zone LCD thermostat and the module
board. LCD will cycle between E1 and the previous mode setting. System
will shut down.

E2 Open circuit or out of range Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and cooling
operation will be locked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and cooling operation will be
locked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat
Pump operation will be locked out. Air Conditioner, Fan and Furnace operation
can continue to operate.
E5 Open circuit or out of range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner mode of operation
will be locked out. Furnace, heat strip, heat pump and fan mode of operation can
continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point

HTH

Have tried thermostat reset, killing ac and DC to the coach, ohm out comms wire, and verify clean connections at both ends.  I know this is a hardware failure.  Trying to cut cost on what part to replace.  No were can I find how the stat signals the heat or ac to come on.  I do know that in my stat is currently putting out fluctuating dcv between 3.9 and 4.5 vdc all positive

If you want to add or modify your post, just go over on the right side of your post and click "Modify". Then when you're done, scroll down a little and click "Save".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom