Rockwood 2104s Slide Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ForestRanchSteve

The first time the slide stuck in the closed position, we were on our way to the Grand Canyon. The trailer was still under warranty, but the dealer could not work on it for weeks. Took it to a mobile RV person and he said it was bound up. Loosened the bolts, manually pulled it out, checked the motor, and put it back. It worked fine over the next several camp trips.

After using it in October with no issues, went to use it again in May (it was covered all Winter). Again, it would not slide out. Took it again the mobile RV and he loosened two nuts near the motor and it started working again. Lubed it and again we were off. He said that he thought the plate that attaches the slide to the motor/clutch was welded wrong.

The next week, it happened again. Thankfully, I brought a 3/4 socket and ratchet with us. Went to extend the slide again and all it did was click. I loosened the two nuts and was able to extend the slide.

If you look at the picture attached, the plate where the nuts are, the right side is closer to the bar than the left. This is what the mobile RV repair person was talking about.

Can anyone help? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• slide-1-2.jpg
    slide-1-2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 21
Collect your receipts (if you received any) from the mobile RV servicer that worked on it.  Then see if your dealer can get the mfgr to honor warranty work.  You may need to jog the dealer's memory on your first problem report.

Molaker said:
Collect your receipts (if you received any) from the mobile RV servicer that worked on it.  Then see if your dealer can get the mfgr to honor warranty work.  You may need to jog the dealer's memory on your first problem report.

Thanks. It looks like that is what I have to do.  :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom