Door Handle Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was wondering if anyone can help, I have a 2016 Itasca Cambria 27k and the door handle to come into the coach doesn't light, does anyone know how this is suppose to come on? And what type of bulb it takes? Thanks

Mine's a 2011 and it turns on with the porch light. I took it apart a few years ago, because I was replacing all the coach's bulbs with LEDs. (It was working fine) Once I got it apart, I saw that it already had an LED. Duh!

Kev

Did it light up before?  Mine doesn't light, but has the clear handle.  I always figured I would put one in.

Like Kev said the door handle lights along with the porch light when keyless entry is activated, if keyless entry is an option on your model it could be prewired.

I've seen a post either in here or 'that other' (inferior) RV forum about how to replace the LED in lighted grab handles.  Looked easy enough.

I googled 'replace led in lighted RV grab handle'.  Lots of information there.  Looks like the LED with an integrated resistor (necessary if you want it to last) are under $15.

I just bought it never seen it light but looks like a bulb is inside the handle if anyone knows the bulb part number would help alot ,the information you all provide is so helpful what a great forum, thank you

Ironically I was out with friends this weekend and one of them asked if my Gulfstream handle lit up. We think there might be a bulb in there so I plan on trying to take it off this weekend to see if it can be replaced. I will let you know what I find.

My door handle lights up, but the aggravating part is it only comes on with that really bright porch light above the door. One of these days i'm gonna sort out the wiring and put the handle light on it's own switch. I don't want to disable the porch light all together, as it may be needed someday.

The "bulb" is most likely a little assembly of an LED and dropping resistor.  To my amazement the LED in my door handle started flickering a couple of years ago and I finally replaced the LED with a part from my electronic junk box. LED's are dirt cheap on fleabay.

Mine never had a light, but it does now:

https://youtu.be/uWjscPiyelQ

SCVJeff said:
Mine never had a light, but it does now:

https://youtu.be/uWjscPiyelQ

Nice bling.....A word I never thought I would use :)

:)) :)) Chris!

I replaced the LED in my handle (it failed) with another one but unfortunately I couldn't find a blue LED in my junk box so I used a red replacement. RGB LEDs are interesting, I played with one that was in an Arduino kit.

There are tons of them out there..  search for ?5mm slow changing RGB LED?

Cautions..  There are ?Changing? and ?Flashing?, as well as ?Slow? and ?Fast?

Whats in the video clip is a single Slow Changing LED...  You also want the 5mm crystal clear LED.  Anything else (and I have them) will look like a disco door, so if you're into that..  :)

The Slow Change package I got had x20 IIRC along with a pack of 470 Ohm resistors. This started to be to install random slow and fast LEDs into a ceramic xmas tree, so I have a mix of several hundred different ones. In the door it is a very understated glow, and thats what I was looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom