Remodeling/Upgrading - What you have done and how much it cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SissyBoyFloyd

Thought it would be a great idea to give everyone, especially new buyers of RVs out there, an idea of how much can be spent remodeling and upgrading a used RV you have purchased.  Let's assume in most cases that one won't be doing the work themselves, but rather paying for the materials, build, and installation costs, unless it is something very simple that most would and could do themselves.

This could include things from flooring, window treatments, upholstery, tires, mechanical items like sway bars, engine devices to improve performance or mpg, replacement parts when things break down, appliances, technology advancements, etc.  It will be nice for some of us to get a feel of how much the repair/upkeep of a coach can run when you first buy it and over time.  I think most of us will be shocked at how much one can spend on a coach after you have bought it and in getting it into the condition you want.

So if you don't mind, share with us your past upgrades and remodeling jobs done to your RV?

You can get some of your answers here.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/board,79.0.html

SissyBoyFloyd said:
It will be nice for some of us to get a feel of how much the repair/upkeep of a coach can run when you first buy it and over time.  I think most of us will be shocked at how much one can spend on a coach after you have bought it and in getting it into the condition you want.

So if you don't mind, share with us your past upgrades and remodeling jobs done to your RV?
Just curious, who is "us."

Kev

Bought TT destined for salvage. Demoed it to the steel frame. Saved widows, tanks, vents etc. Rebuilt with all aluminum including an aluminum floor, aluminum wall studs, exterior, interior walls and roof finished with aluminum. I call it a ''poor mans air stream''. Materials including new brake drums right at $6000. That includes a mig welder. that was the whole reason for the project so I could get the welder, well not the only reason. Labor, don't even want to go there! It was fun and I would do it again.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom