Sour lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!  You did a great job on fixing your "lemon".  I just read this whole thread and followed your repairs.  AWESOME job!  It looks perfect!  I went and looked at a camper a while back at that same dealership, although it was a new one.  Ended up buying out of state because they had exactly what I was looking for.  What part of Georgia are you in?  I live just northeast of Athens and have a deeded membership to Mountain Lakes Resort near Cleveland.

Punomatic said:
Congrats! Where are you going for your first outing? If I might make a suggestion, spend a couple of nights "camping" at home. That way, you can run in the house and grab whatever you learn that you forgot to pack. Make a list of those things so you can pick up replacements when you are next on a shopping trip. ENJOY that trailer. You have earned it!!  :D

Thank you, we plan a dry run close to home, I have checked everything to see if it operates as it should. The A/C, fridge on gas and electric, hot water tank on gas and electric and furnace. The water pump work but makes a spraying sound like its blowing water out somewhere ? Its near the pump and I may have to remove the panel hiding it under the bathroom sink, but  I don't see any water. I checked the wheel bearings and they have fresh grease????? but ignoring the leaks????

Gods Country said:
Congrats!  No go relax! :D

Really there isn't much time to relaxThat's why it took me as long to fix the camper as it did , I  squeezed it in around all the rest .We have a small farm with horses and there is always something that needs fixed or just regular maintenance, heck I got 3 acres to mow just around the house and all the stuff I have is old. So there is not much rest, but I believe I will be on this earth a little while longer than if I was wasting away on a porch

kdbgoat said:
How does your freshwater system sound when hooked up to city water?

That's the first thing I checked, I could not hear or see any leaks . It makes the spraying sound only when the pump is running. Shouldn't it should off automatically  once everything is pressurized?

gravesdiesel said:
WOW!  You did a great job on fixing your "lemon".  I just read this whole thread and followed your repairs.  AWESOME job!  It looks perfect!  I went and looked at a camper a while back at that same dealership, although it was a new one.  Ended up buying out of state because they had exactly what I was looking for.  What part of Georgia are you in?  I live just northeast of Athens and have a deeded membership to Mountain Lakes Resort near Cleveland.

Thank you, I'm really not that far from you, I live between Washington and Lincolnton, GA. I'm about 6 miles from one entry spot for lake Thurman.

Modeladay said:
That's the first thing I checked, I could not hear or see any leaks . It makes the spraying sound only when the pump is running. Shouldn't it should off automatically  once everything is pressurized?

Yes it will shut off when it reaches a preset setting inside the pump.

Modeladay said:
Really there isn't much time to relaxThat's why it took me as long to fix the camper as it did , I  squeezed it in around all the rest .We have a small farm with horses and there is always something that needs fixed or just regular maintenance, heck I got 3 acres to mow just around the house and all the stuff I have is old. So there is not much rest, but I believe I will be on this earth a little while longer than if I was wasting away on a porch

I hear ya.  Just spent the day putting up some hay.

I watched TV and then went and got ribs and beer. I'm worn out.

Is the water tank gravity fill only or is there a valve that diverts the city water to fill the tank?  If there is a valve when left in "fill" pump will run continuously with no pressure build up. 

Don't ask how I know that !  ;D ;D

Howard

I have really enjoyed watching your progress through this thread !    I know you were going to have many many hours of happiness camping with your wife    Enjoy every minute of it !

Howard R said:
Is the water tank gravity fill only or is there a valve that diverts the city water to fill the tank?  If there is a valve when left in "fill" pump will run continuously with no pressure build up. 

Don't ask how I know that !  ;D ;D

Howard

No it has a separate fill cap like a gas tank.

The pump turns out to be fine, did not have much water in the tank and it was sucking some air. This is thespraying water sound I heard, I filled the tank and it work as it should  Also I put the final corner cover on and was going to grease the axels but they all had fairly new grease. Go figure it was rotting away yet they greased the axels

Gods Country said:
At some point in the near future you should repack the bearings.  New grease pumped in doesn't mean the grease is good where it counts.

It looks like it has been repacked, they even supplied new dust covers?

Back
Top Bottom