Sour lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am completely rebuilding Class C over cab bunk.  Can yo tell me, how to modify the exterior front corner trim, to make it wider so that it doesn't leak again.  Thanks!

Meadowlark said:
I am completely rebuilding Class C over cab bunk.  Can yo tell me, how to modify the exterior front corner trim, to make it wider so that it doesn't leak again.  Thanks!
You would be better off starting a new thread rather than piggyback on this one.

I can't believe someone is asking me for advice on repairs, some how I've fooled all of you in to thinking that I know what I'm doing?

Modeladay said:
I can't believe someone is asking me for advice on repairs, some how I've fooled all of you in to thinking that I know what I'm doing?
The pictures you posted above are worth thousands of words. And as for asking you for advice, well, you are miles ahead of those of us who have not taken on the task that you completed. Give yourself a little credit.

Punomatic said:
The pictures you posted above are worth thousands of words. And as for asking you for advice, well, you are miles ahead of those of us who have not taken on the task that you completed. Give yourself a little credit.

^X2^ You have done a great deal more than most of us. Give yourself a LOT of credit. You did a fantastic job on your trailer.

I wpuld not have even started the repair if it were not for the  support I found here. A lot credit goes to you all? Thanks again for helping me through this it has been hard mentally and physically. It still stings they way I got taken but it is on me for being so naive  ? But I got a lot of exercise and found a lot of new friends here .

Way to go. You will sit around some day and laugh about it. As stated, you are now a big step ahead of someone else in the same situation. Pass along what you have learned. Thats what makes these forums work. We all share what we know, and ask what we dont. Cheers and happy camping.

Modeladay said:
You're an expert now!

Well to add salt to the wound now this, thanks Irma

Attachments

• RenderedContent-862CC31B-8452-4EA9-B113-8E9C56A39B45.JPG
    RenderedContent-862CC31B-8452-4EA9-B113-8E9C56A39B45.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 88
When I saw the thumbnail picture, it looked like there was a giant hole in the side of your trailer. My heart sank. I was relieved when I opened the picture to find it is the awning. That is fixable, and although you have been through so much already, you know you can fix it. I guess this is why people say that our "stuff" owns us...always demanding attention. FWIW, I use our awning very little, because I have have had problems with wind dismantling it. I never go to bed with the awning deployed. You'll get through this repair and find that it is easy compared to what you have already done to your trailer. Godspeed, my friend.

Punomatic said:
When I saw the thumbnail picture, it looked like there was a giant hole in the side of your trailer. My heart sank. I was relieved when I opened the picture to find it is the awning. That is fixable, and although you have been through so much already, you know you can fix it. I guess this is why people say that our "stuff" owns us...always demanding attention. FWIW, I use our awning very little, because I have have had problems with wind dismantling it. I never go to bed with the awning deployed. You'll get through this repair and find that it is easy compared to what you have already done to your trailer. Godspeed, my friend.

Thanks and you are right, I'm off to the RV place to see about repair parts. I don't have problems compared to a lot of people.

Modeladay said:
Thanks and you are right, I'm off to the RV place to see about repair parts. I don't have problems compared to a lot of people.

$500 deductible  :(

Dvan said:
The question is, did it leak? :)

Well not that I could tell, problem is I bought it not knowing it was full leaks :) the only way to know if it is leaking again is to buy a moisture meter or wait for it to rot ;D

Well I spent another 115.00 in repair parts, one rv place had a complete used arm assembly $55.00. Sense there were no more to be found I had the bottom foot welded back on the arm 60.00 buck plus tax which I thought was high for 15 minutes work :( oh well , now if I can get help threading the canopy back in place. Still have not used it and I can never sell it because my conscience won't let me.

Modeladay said:
Well I spent another 115.00 in repair parts, one rv place had a complete used arm assembly $55.00. Sense there were no more to be found I had the bottom foot welded back on the arm 60.00 buck plus tax which I thought was high for 15 minutes work :( oh well , now if I can get help threading the canopy back in place. Still have not used it and I can never sell it because my conscience won't let me.

I get that a lot but I usually wont throw the switch on my welder for less than $60. I have 6K in tools and time spent (5 yrs) apprenticeship...I have seen what cheap welding looks like. If you were close I would have done it for free, just for you!
Glad your damage was not worse and hope you dont find any moisture later. Good job !!

TA DAh!

Attachments

• RenderedContent-C0B1DA46-77EB-4C06-9863-CD95FA76590F.JPG
    RenderedContent-C0B1DA46-77EB-4C06-9863-CD95FA76590F.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 117

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom