Sour lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jackiemac said:
This post makes me so happy! You've gone from someone so unhappy and reluctant to do repairs - to a serial upgrader! Good for you. Yay....
X2 Enjoy your trailer. You've earned it!!  :)

Just got back from our second trip to the beach, as a rule it went well, did have to buy a new tire after finding out the spare I wanted to use was so cracked and split I felt it was usless even as a spare. I also found out in sizing the tires one was not the same size as the others? It workout because I replaced it with the right size and used the the smaller size as a spare . I really need to replace two more as there are cracks present.

I had the shower head blow off the end of the hose(cracked end that screws on the hose) Than the next day the kitchen sink faucet blew off? same problem with the screw on part being cracked.. I have used crack alot in this post and if much more happens with this camper I maybe smoking crack? I am starting to lose patience with the whole idea of camping and my wife is way past that. Problem is I simply do not have the heart to pass this thing on to anyone else. I have to get something out of it because I still owe the bank?  Thanks for letting me vent but I wish I had a time machine.

I'm sorry your second trip wasn't trouble free. There are always minor things happening even with newer trailers so try not to be too disheartened.  How was the beach?

Oh dear! Sorry to hear about your latest issues. Try not to lose heart, you have come so far. Hopefully the repairs are minor and you can continue to enjoy your rv. As the previous poster suggested, an rv is just like anything else, it will likely always needs a repair or tweak here or there. I usually find that once the storm has passed, it seems it can become an interesting story to share with others and a memory you can hopefully smile at.  :)

Modeladay said:
I had the shower head blow off the end of the hose(cracked end that screws on the hose) Than the next day the kitchen sink faucet blew off? same problem with the screw on part being cracked..
Just curious; are you using a pressure regulator on the city water input? Or did these faucets blow off using the onboard water pump?

Modeladay said:
I have not been on the roof but have looked at it from a ladder and everywhere I can reach felt  solid. I hesitate getting on the roof because I weigh in at 285, if the roof is solid will it support my weight?. There has been seam repairs including around all of the equipment and vents and it does not presently leak.When I'm done with the repairs I'm going to seal all the seams using eternabond tape.Is this a good product?
I used Eternabond but would not use it again, not because it doesn't work but because it looks like a coverup job. The next time I need to reseal my seams, I will clean them off properly and use the self leveling caulk intended for this purpose. Looks so more professional in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom