Sour lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peggyy said:
I am so impressed!  I am so proud for you and your wife!  You will soon be able to hit the road and enjoy some great adventures!  Put that seller guy behind you and just move forward!  Happy camping!!

Thanks, still have some work on the front and than its on to the rear so it will be awhile and Georgia summer is here and it can get brutal out there. As for the low life that sold me the camper I rather put him under my truck than behind me?

Seal-Tite corner seal on, cleaned everything and applied non sagging Dicor to edge as well. Edge went on with some  persuading. It works but I'm not making believe its factory specs but its not to bad.

Attachments

• RenderedContent-73D8A697-BD52-485B-B0B8-1EA2EA015F2D.JPG
    RenderedContent-73D8A697-BD52-485B-B0B8-1EA2EA015F2D.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 94
  • RenderedContent-0DF587D9-71C6-4D12-B217-700048482E1A.JPG
    RenderedContent-0DF587D9-71C6-4D12-B217-700048482E1A.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 90
  • RenderedContent-9E3B7AD9-D413-4884-B534-B4DC027F8863.JPG
    RenderedContent-9E3B7AD9-D413-4884-B534-B4DC027F8863.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 86
The real bad corner before and after

Attachments

• RenderedContent-0BD7E1CE-2721-4339-AC50-8EA766B0E020.JPG
    RenderedContent-0BD7E1CE-2721-4339-AC50-8EA766B0E020.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 93
  • RenderedContent-71486293-9FC3-4668-9363-6BCBBC7F62BC.JPG
    RenderedContent-71486293-9FC3-4668-9363-6BCBBC7F62BC.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 91
Triple Slide Jayco said:
WOW looks great.

Thanks, it took most of the day just to do one edge, hope to get the other one tomorrow than on to the rear

Great job. I'm going to share this with my son. He is going through a similar process.

Oldgator73 said:
Great job. I'm going to share this with my son. He is going through a similar process.

I highly recommend the Seal-Tite edge seal.

Modeladay said:
I highly recommend the Seal-Tite edge seal.

Never heard of it.  Where were you last year when I had to completely gut and rebuild???? ;D

I will have to look into that product.

Looking good BTW.

Feeling good too, I imagine.  ;)

Gods Country said:
Never heard of it.  Where were you last year when I had to completely gut and rebuild???? ;D

I will have to look into that product.

Looking good BTW.

Feeling good too, I imagine.  ;)

It has incredible stick and exterior webing would appear to make it very strong. Last year? I sure wasn't worried about a leaky camper.? 

You have done a really nice job on your repairs, and it is an inspiration to folks that find they have considerable damage to their RV. Get it out there and start enjoying it! Looking at the title of this thread, I think an appropriate name for your trailer is "Sweet Lemonade" :). That would peak folks curisosity and you can explain the background, and "brag" about how much work you did on it. I'm really glad things are working out for you. 8)

kdbgoat said:
You have done a really nice job on your repairs, and it is an inspiration to folks that find they have considerable damage to their RV. Get it out there and start enjoying it! Looking at the title of this thread, I think an appropriate name for your trailer is "Sweet Lemonade" :). That would peak folks curisosity and you can explain the background, and "brag" about how much work you did on it. I'm really glad things are working out for you. 8)

Thank you, I wouldn't wish this on anyone but for whatever selfish reason it would be interesting too know how many others have suffered this same fate. There seem to be many horror stories out there of people dealing with the same circumstances . I talked to an "RV Tech " at the local dealership. He said someone bought a camper and paid $15000.00 for it from an out of town dealer and he found extensive water damage in it and the dealer refuses to do anything about it... ouch! Do I still feel bitter? yes I guess I am. I got to finsh the other edge today than on to the back to see what treasures I find there. 

My son has been diagnosed with PTSD. He separated from the AF in about 2009-2010. He was living in Monterey, CA working as a civilian for the Navy. To make a long story short he came to live with us to get some issues worked out. He expressed interest in living in an RV. We looked at several but they had visible extensive water damage. We finally found a TT that looked great. It had been renovated on the inside and looked to be in great shape. I paid $2500 for it and the guy towed it to a park. After being in it for a short period my son found some extensive water damage. I didn't even entertain the idea of going back to the seller. Too much hassle and disappointment in that. Luckily my son was a carpenter and welder in the AF so he can do the work. He is doing it as he gets money so it's going slow. The good thing is he really enjoys living in it and his PTSD seems to be somewhat in check.

Modeladay said:
Thank you, I wouldn't wish this on anyone but for whatever selfish reason it would be interesting too know how many others have suffered this same fate. There seem to be many horror stories out there of people dealing with the same circumstances . I talked to an "RV Tech " at the local dealership. He said someone bought a camper and paid $15000.00 for it from an out of town dealer and he found extensive water damage in it and the dealer refuses to do anything about it... ouch! Do I still feel bitter? yes I guess I am. I got to finsh the other edge today than on to the back to see what treasures I find there.

Don't feel bad.  I could see there was some damage to my trailer, but way underestimated the damage, work, and shoddy workmanship from the mfg.  It's the nature of the territory.  You can either get ripped off buying a new one or take your chances buying used, and get ripped off down the road.

Gods Country said:
Don't feel bad.  I could see there was some damage to my trailer, but way underestimated the damage, work, and shoddy workmanship from the mfg.  It's the nature of the territory.  You can either get ripped off buying a new one or take your chances buying used, and get ripped off down the road.

You are right but I still feel as if someone broke in to my house and stole my stuff. But at least if that happened I could recover because of insurance ? Anyway time to move on after all this is a repair, remodeling forum so I'm off to work? I am tired though.

Oldgator73 said:
My son has been diagnosed with PTSD. He separated from the AF in about 2009-2010. He was living in Monterey, CA working as a civilian for the Navy. To make a long story short he came to live with us to get some issues worked out. He expressed interest in living in an RV. We looked at several but they had visible extensive water damage. We finally found a TT that looked great. It had been renovated on the inside and looked to be in great shape. I paid $2500 for it and the guy towed it to a park. After being in it for a short period my son found some extensive water damage. I didn't even entertain the idea of going back to the seller. Too much hassle and disappointment in that. Luckily my son was a carpenter and welder in the AF so he can do the work. He is doing it as he gets money so it's going slow. The good thing is he really enjoys living in it and his PTSD seems to be somewhat in check.

It gives your son something to help occupy his mind and I'm sure this will help, tell good luck and if he is a carpenter he will make my repairs look like a Trump presidency BTW I wish I had only paid $2500

Done with the front, I'm going to give myself a week off before starting on the rear.

Attachments

• RenderedContent-909A9C1D-E38D-45C5-A36B-BCE6EE206128.JPG
    RenderedContent-909A9C1D-E38D-45C5-A36B-BCE6EE206128.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 97
The work is coming along nicely. I read your entire post and the previous one where the deal was made. You still sound bitter about the deal. You have to move on, and not let it ruin your future good times in the rv. You have to take responsibility for the sale yourself. You should have gotten it inspected. You didnt. oh well. You made a mistake. oh well. We all do. No big deal. You hopefully will look back some time in the future as you sit around a campfire, and laugh about it all. You will have a sense of pride in knowing you learned from your mistake, and completed all the hard work to make the camper right. You will be much wiser in the future and your story will hopefully help others from making the same mistake. Good luck on the completion of the camper and happy camping.

muskoka guy said:
The work is coming along nicely. I read your entire post and the previous one where the deal was made. You still sound bitter about the deal. You have to move on, and not let it ruin your future good times in the rv. You have to take responsibility for the sale yourself. You should have gotten it inspected. You didnt. oh well. You made a mistake. oh well. We all do. No big deal. You hopefully will look back some time in the future as you sit around a campfire, and laugh about it all. You will have a sense of pride in knowing you learned from your mistake, and completed all the hard work to make the camper right. You will be much wiser in the future and your story will hopefully help others from making the same mistake. Good luck on the completion of the camper and happy camping.

Thanks and you are right, I find I'm more upset with myself than the seller for letting us get taken like this. In the past I have always done well buying  stuff, at no time did I take a beating like this. I guess it was time it caught up with me? Anyway I am finding some satisfaction put it back together, I just with I was better at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom