EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Sour lemonade  (Read 8732 times)

Gods Country

• ---
Re: Sour lemonade
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
Congrats!  Now go relax! :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:07:09 PM by Gods Country »

gravesdiesel

• ---
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
WOW!  You did a great job on fixing your "lemon".  I just read this whole thread and followed your repairs.  AWESOME job!  It looks perfect!  I went and looked at a camper a while back at that same dealership, although it was a new one.  Ended up buying out of state because they had exactly what I was looking for.  What part of Georgia are you in?  I live just northeast of Athens and have a deeded membership to Mountain Lakes Resort near Cleveland.
2016 KZ Spree 262 RKS
2003 Dodge 3500 4 door flatbed 4x4 diesel, 6 speed
1996 Dodge 3500 extra cab flatbed 4x4 diesel 5 speed
2006 Arctic Cat TRV diesel 4x4 ATV
(2) 1981 Yamaha G1 2 cycle golf carts
Many other diesels on the farm!

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »
Congrats! Where are you going for your first outing? If I might make a suggestion, spend a couple of nights "camping" at home. That way, you can run in the house and grab whatever you learn that you forgot to pack. Make a list of those things so you can pick up replacements when you are next on a shopping trip. ENJOY that trailer. You have earned it!!  :D

Thank you, we plan a dry run close to home, I have checked everything to see if it operates as it should. The A/C, fridge on gas and electric, hot water tank on gas and electric and furnace. The water pump work but makes a spraying sound like its blowing water out somewhere ? Its near the pump and I may have to remove the panel hiding it under the bathroom sink, but  I don't see any water. I checked the wheel bearings and they have fresh grease????? but ignoring the leaks????

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
How does your freshwater system sound when hooked up to city water?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
Congrats!  No go relax! :D

Really there isn't much time to relaxThat's why it took me as long to fix the camper as it did , I  squeezed it in around all the rest .We have a small farm with horses and there is always something that needs fixed or just regular maintenance, heck I got 3 acres to mow just around the house and all the stuff I have is old. So there is not much rest, but I believe I will be on this earth a little while longer than if I was wasting away on a porch
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:58:17 PM by Modeladay »

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
How does your freshwater system sound when hooked up to city water?

That's the first thing I checked, I could not hear or see any leaks . It makes the spraying sound only when the pump is running. Shouldn't it should off automatically  once everything is pressurized?

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »
WOW!  You did a great job on fixing your "lemon".  I just read this whole thread and followed your repairs.  AWESOME job!  It looks perfect!  I went and looked at a camper a while back at that same dealership, although it was a new one.  Ended up buying out of state because they had exactly what I was looking for.  What part of Georgia are you in?  I live just northeast of Athens and have a deeded membership to Mountain Lakes Resort near Cleveland.

Thank you, I'm really not that far from you, I live between Washington and Lincolnton, GA. I'm about 6 miles from one entry spot for lake Thurman.

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
That's the first thing I checked, I could not hear or see any leaks . It makes the spraying sound only when the pump is running. Shouldn't it should off automatically  once everything is pressurized?

Yes it will shut off when it reaches a preset setting inside the pump.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Gods Country

• ---
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »
Really there isn't much time to relaxThat's why it took me as long to fix the camper as it did , I  squeezed it in around all the rest .We have a small farm with horses and there is always something that needs fixed or just regular maintenance, heck I got 3 acres to mow just around the house and all the stuff I have is old. So there is not much rest, but I believe I will be on this earth a little while longer than if I was wasting away on a porch

I hear ya.  Just spent the day putting up some hay.

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2017, 06:31:36 PM »
I watched TV and then went and got ribs and beer. I'm worn out.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »
Yes it will shut off when it reaches a preset setting inside the pump.

It never does 😕

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2017, 11:12:53 PM »
I watched TV and then went and got ribs and beer. I'm worn out.
[/quote

I feel foy ya😩

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »
It never does 😕

Then you most likely have a water leak unless the pressure switch in the pump is broken.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Howard R

• ---
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Is the water tank gravity fill only or is there a valve that diverts the city water to fill the tank?  If there is a valve when left in "fill" pump will run continuously with no pressure build up. 

Don't ask how I know that !   ;D ;D

Howard
2001 Fleetwood Southwind 35R
V10   F53
2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
Minnesota

Peggyy

• ---
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »
 I have really enjoyed watching your progress through this thread !    I know you were going to have many many hours of happiness camping with your wife     Enjoy every minute of it !
GMC Sierra 2012
2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW Travel Trailer
sweet home Alabama

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2017, 11:49:31 AM »
Is the water tank gravity fill only or is there a valve that diverts the city water to fill the tank?  If there is a valve when left in "fill" pump will run continuously with no pressure build up. 

Don't ask how I know that !   ;D ;D

Howard

No it has a separate fill cap like a gas tank.

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
The pump turns out to be fine, did not have much water in the tank and it was sucking some air. This is thespraying water sound I heard, I filled the tank and it work as it should  Also I put the final corner cover on and was going to grease the axels but they all had fairly new grease. Go figure it was rotting away yet they greased the axels
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:19:59 PM by Modeladay »

Gods Country

• ---
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
At some point in the near future you should repack the bearings.  New grease pumped in doesn't mean the grease is good where it counts.

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »
At some point in the near future you should repack the bearings.  New grease pumped in doesn't mean the grease is good where it counts.

It looks like it has been repacked, they even supplied new dust covers🙂

Gods Country

• ---
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
It looks like it has been repacked, they even supplied new dust covers🙂

Sounds good to me.

Meadowlark

« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
I am completely rebuilding Class C over cab bunk.  Can yo tell me, how to modify the exterior front corner trim, to make it wider so that it doesn't leak again.  Thanks!

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »
I am completely rebuilding Class C over cab bunk.  Can yo tell me, how to modify the exterior front corner trim, to make it wider so that it doesn't leak again.  Thanks!
You would be better off starting a new thread rather than piggyback on this one.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
I can't believe someone is asking me for advice on repairs, some how I've fooled all of you in to thinking that I know what I'm doing😃

Punomatic

• ---
    • Life in Black and Blue
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »
I can't believe someone is asking me for advice on repairs, some how I've fooled all of you in to thinking that I know what I'm doing😃
The pictures you posted above are worth thousands of words. And as for asking you for advice, well, you are miles ahead of those of us who have not taken on the task that you completed. Give yourself a little credit.
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
DW and me and Pogo (the neurotic terrier-gone to the rainbow bridge) and Lulu (the Moxie with moxie)

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2017, 08:21:49 AM »
The pictures you posted above are worth thousands of words. And as for asking you for advice, well, you are miles ahead of those of us who have not taken on the task that you completed. Give yourself a little credit.

^X2^ You have done a great deal more than most of us. Give yourself a LOT of credit. You did a fantastic job on your trailer.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »
I wpuld not have even started the repair if it were not for the  support I found here. A lot credit goes to you all😁 Thanks again for helping me through this it has been hard mentally and physically. It still stings they way I got taken but it is on me for being so naive  😞 But I got a lot of exercise and found a lot of new friends here .

muskoka guy

• ---
  • 2000 Coachmen Santara 370 isb cummins diesel
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Way to go. You will sit around some day and laugh about it. As stated, you are now a big step ahead of someone else in the same situation. Pass along what you have learned. Thats what makes these forums work. We all share what we know, and ask what we dont. Cheers and happy camping.

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
You're an expert now!
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Home in Scotland eagerly awaiting next trip!

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:48 PM »
Well to add salt to the wound now this, thanks Irma

Punomatic

• ---
    • Life in Black and Blue
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »
When I saw the thumbnail picture, it looked like there was a giant hole in the side of your trailer. My heart sank. I was relieved when I opened the picture to find it is the awning. That is fixable, and although you have been through so much already, you know you can fix it. I guess this is why people say that our "stuff" owns us...always demanding attention. FWIW, I use our awning very little, because I have have had problems with wind dismantling it. I never go to bed with the awning deployed. You'll get through this repair and find that it is easy compared to what you have already done to your trailer. Godspeed, my friend.
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
DW and me and Pogo (the neurotic terrier-gone to the rainbow bridge) and Lulu (the Moxie with moxie)

Hosted by Over The Network