Blue Ox Aventa BX7330

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhealey

I just bought a used Blue Ox BX7330 tow bar and I can't get the arms to retract. I slide the rings forward but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Probably just full of crud. I've fixed them by simply pouring a lot of kerosene or similar solvent through the vent hole and the ends and "working" the shaft until it begins to move.

The best choice for an older used tow bar would be to send it back to Blue Ox (or one of their certified repair dealers) to have it overhauled, which might even mean an internal rebuild. You end up with a "like new" tow bar that should last another 10 years. Shipping a tow bar back to the factory can get expensive, but a few dealers are factory trained and authorized to do rebuilds. I believe The Hitching Post of Ocala (Florida) is one such.

You can also order a rebuild kit from Blue Ox and DIY.

Gary RVer Emeritus said:
The best choice for an older used tow bar would be to send it back to Blue Ox (or one of their certified repair dealers) to have it overhauled, which might even mean an internal rebuild. You end up with a "like new" tow bar that should last another 10 years. Shipping a tow bar back to the factory can get expensive, but a few dealers are factory trained and authorized to do rebuilds. I believe The Hitching Post of Ocala (Florida) is one such.

You can also order a rebuild kit from Blue Ox and DIY.

Last time I shipped it to Blue Ox I used the USPS instead of UPS and it was very reasonable, like $15 IIRC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom