No headphone jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I recently realized that my Panasonic G7 camera does not have a headphone jack. So, when recording a video with audio, there's no way to monitor what's being recorded. There's also no way to listen while playing back. Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution?

Is this your model? I think you have to crank the handle harder for it to work properly

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
A HDMI/VGA adapter with 3.5mm jack (here) would solve half of the equation, and would allow recorded audio to be played back in headphones. It's reportedly "a trick known by Sony users", and would have sufficed for my recent need. The other half of the equation (monitoring audio while recording) remains unsolved, because the G7 apparently turns off HDMI while recording.

I know nothing about this, but I saw this video. Maybe there is some good help in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JG9z7okyAA

Thanks. That sounds promising, and I'm off to investigate the suggestions.

From the video, this external recorder looks like a possible solution, although it uses a lot of knobs and switches. I like the fact that it mounts between the camera and tripod, but it may be too confusing for non-videographers/audiographers.

Meanwhile, I've ordered an inexpensive HDMI/VGA adapter with 3.5mm jack to play around with.

Back
Top Bottom