Moving on up ukulelewise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Having had great feedback from various sources on our Ukulele Uprising II concert last Sunday, it would be easy to rest on our laurels. But, at Tuesday's practice, following a review of the concert, our Music Director handed out 4 'new' songs for us to learn and practice. By the time I got them into our online song book last evening, they'd grown to 5 new numbers.

We'll hold an open mic' during part of next week's practice; We use these sessions specifically for the purpose of band members introducing new numbers for inclusion in our portfolio and upcoming shows. We usually hold two such sessions at the end of each season and another two at the beginning of the following season. Written 'music' must be in the form of a lead sheet, and the song must be performed, either by the band member or their delegated person; Sometimes they're performed by small groups.

Thanks to this process, our performances contain 40-50% of "fresh" (to us) numbers compared to the prior year.

The open mic' portion of last evening's uke practice yielded 4 more potential songs for our portfolio and future concerts. Another open mic' session is scheduled for next week. I have 2, possibly 3 offerings of my own. Looks like I'll have some material to practice during our summer sojourn.

This is really hard to picture for me, Got any videos?

Thank you Tom, That way cool and some great songs.

Back
Top Bottom