Apache Village RV Consumer Fraud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MARSHAOLDS

MY HUSBAND AND I BOUGHT A COACH 3 1/2 YEARS AGO AND TRADED IN OUR OLD ONE.  MARTY LIED TO US ABOUT ALL THE HISTORY ON THIS 2008 FLEETWOOD EXPEDITION COACH.  HE SAID IT WAS STORED IN AN AIRPLANE HANGER AND IT WAS ONE OWNER.  HE LIED ABOUT OUR WARRANTY THAT HE SOLD US. SO AFTER NUMEROUS PROBLEMS, NUMEROUS REPAIRS, THAT TOTAL $25,0000 .  IT WAS IN THE SHOP MORE THAN IN OUR HANDS.  WE USE IT FOR DRAG RACING AND CAMPING WITH OUR FAMILY.  WE MISSED SEVERAL RACES DO TO REPAIRS AND LOST SPONSORS DUE TO THE FACT WE HAD NOTHING ELSE TO PULL OUR TRAILER TO THE TRACK SO WE COULD RACE.
SO WE FINALLY DID SOME HOMEWORK, FOUND A CAR FAX, WE ARE THE FIFTH OWNERS AND IT WAS IN A FIVE CAR ACCIDENT PRIOR TO US OWNING IT, AND THE BUYER BOUGHT AT AUCTION. ON THE INITIAL TEST DRIVE MY WHEN MY HUSBAND AND I GOT OUT OF THE COACH MY HUSBAND SMELLED COOLANT WHEN WALKING AROUND THE REAR OF THE COACH WHEN HE LOOKED UNDER THE COACH WE FOUND NO DRIVE BELT ON THE ENGINE AND COOLANT LEAKING. MARTY TOLD US THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD WARRANTY ON THE COACH AND WOULD HAVE IT TOWED TO CUMMINS MID-SOUTH FOR A DIAGNOSIS WE WERE TOLD IT NEEDED A BELT AND WAS OK.  LATER WHEN GOING THROUGH SOME PAPERWORK THAT WAS LEFT IN OUR COACH, WE FOUND THAT THE DAY BEFORE WE SIGNED THE CONTRACT TO PURCHASE, THAT APACHE VILLAGE WAS TOLD AT CUMMIN'S MID SOUTH THERE WAS EVIDENCE OF ENGINE OVERHEATING, CUMMINS MID-SOUTH RECOMMENDED ENGINE TEARDOWN TO REPAIR THE ISSUE. THE REPAIRS WERE DENIED AND APACHE SOLD THE COACH TO US THE NEXT DAY AND LIED TELLING US CUMMINS HAD PUT A BELT ON THE ENGINE AND EVERYTHING WAS A-OK.  APACHE VILLAGE DENIED ANY SERVICE AND SOLD IT TO US THE NEXT DAY AND DID NOT DISCLOSE THIS TO US.  IT WAS ABOUT A MONTH AFTER WE BOUGHT THE COACH AND WERE GOING THROUGH OWNERS MANUALS AND DOCUMENTS LEFT IN THE COACH THAT WE FOUND THE RECEIPT FROM CUMMINS MID-SOUTH.  NOW WHEN WE PULL OUT RACE CAR TRAILER THE ENGINE OVERHEATS AND COACH GOES INTO LIMP MODE TO SAVE THE MOTOR AND DIES WHILE WERE ON THE INTERSTATE MIND YOU.  WE HAVE TO SLOW TO A STOP THEN RESTART THE COACH. I AM WORRIED IF THIS HAPPENS AT NIGHT WHAT THE OUTCOME MIGHT BE.  WE PAID $114,000 FOR THIS COACH AND THE WHOLE TIME MARTY TOLD US HOW THEY METICULOUSLY WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE COACH AND ITS READY TO GO ! DONT WORRY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. WELL IT ALL STARTED WHEN WE DROVE IT OFF THE LOT. THE BRAKES WERE MAKING BANGING NOISES WHEN WE LEFT AND DROVE RIGHT BACK AND IT JUST GOT WORSE FROM THERE. WE WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS COACH IF WE HAD KNOWN AND THE ISSUES, AMOUNT OF OWNERS, ACCIDENTS AND AUCTION BUYS THIS COACH HAD BEEN THROUGH. WE WERE REFERRED BY A FRIEND OF MARTYS AND TOOK HIS WORD AND PUT OUR TRUST IN HIM. HE DENIES NOT KNOWING BUT I DONT KNOW ANY CAR OR MOTOR HOME SALES LOT THAT DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO CARFAX.  NOW THE OWNER OF APACHE VILLAGE, JOHN, WHO WAS NOT INVOLVED INITIALLY AND WE REACHED OUT TO HIM TO TRY AND HELP US WILL ONLY GIVE US $ 60,000 FOR TRADE IN.  WE CAN GET THAT OFFER ANYWHERE. WE REACHED OUT TO JOHN SINCE HE IS THE OWNER AND PROBABLY HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO US.  WELL HE WILL NOT BUDGE ON THE OFFER TO US AND IS NOT WILLING TO HELP US AT ALL. THEY TELL US THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR US BUT HAVE HEARD THAT NOW FROM JOHN AND HIS BROTHER MARTY FOR GOING ON 3 YEARS NOW. I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY JUST KEEPING THE POS ON THE ROAD!  MY WARRANTY IS THROUGH APACHE AND THEY SAY THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU BUT ONLY FORGET ABOUT US.  CONSUMER FRAUD, IS WHAT MY ATTORNEY SAYS!!!
WE TRIED TO TRADE IT BACK ONE WEEK AFTER THE PURCHASE BUT THEY SAID IT WAS TOO LATE.
WE HAVE PROOF THAT THEY LIED AND KNEW IT HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY SOLD IT TO US. NOW THEY WILL DENIE THAT BECAUSE IT WAS IN ON CONSIGNMENT, SO THEY SAY. MY SALES RECEIPT SAYS APACHE VILLAGE SOLD IT TO US. WE JUST WANT WHATS RIGHT!!
PLEASE DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE GET SCAMMED!  I MADE THE WORST MISTAKE BY BUYING MY COACH FROM THESE LIARS.  THEY ARE OUT TO GET THE STUPID CONSUMER SO THEY CAN GET RICH.  THEY CARE ABOUT NO ONE BUT THEMSELVES. 
SO SAD AND DISAPPOINTED THAT MY DREAM HOME ON WHEELS HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A NIGHT MARE.
IF ANYONE CARES, I HAVE A LOT OF EVIDENCE AND I CAN PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE MY ALLEGATIONS AGAINST APACHE VILLAGE AND THE PEOPLE WHO RUN IT! I HAVE COPIES OF EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM MARTY.
BUYERS BEWARE!! THEY WILL LIE TO GET A SALE SO THEIR FAMILY BUSINESS CAN GET RICH OFF THE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE SHOPPING FOR A CAMPER! WE STILL HAVE ENGINE OVERHEATING PROBLEMS WHEN PULLING A TRAILER.
I HAVE GIVEN THEM 3 YEARS AND NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS FOR APACHE TO MAKE IT RIGHT BUT THEY DON'T CARE
WE JUST WANT A GOOD COACH THAT WILL LAST YEARS TO COME BUT APACHE WANTS TO SCREW US AGAIN

DESIRED OUTCOME
BUY BACK OUR COACH FOR $80,000 TO BE FAIR, THAT WOULD STILL BE A BIG LOSS FOR US BUT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE , HAD ISSUES NOT HAPPENED SO SOON AND WE BEGGED TO JUST GET OUR OLD COACH BACK WE WOULD NOT BE WRITING THIS. WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS AT THIS TIME. WE OVEREXTENDED OURSELVES ON THIS MOTOR HOME PURCHASE. WE JUST WANT WHATS RIGHT!!

Please all the yelling hurt my eyes and ears. Could not read message. Sry.

Marsha Olds, in case you're not up on web protocols, ALL CAPS is generally considered shouting, and is very difficult to read, in any case (oops, pun not intended). As a result, if there is any request for help in your post, it has gone unnoticed. I gather from your title that you're unhappy with Apache Village RV (who knows where they are?) and with someone named Marty (the owner?). It's been 3 1/2 years since this transaction??? and you're just now yelling about fraud????

So please, in a calmer tone, and using mixed case, please clarify whatever it was in your post. And most especially don't (as it almost seems you are doing) blame us, who never heard of this Marty, or of you prior to the post.

It's a buyer beware world. As is stated here many times, use due diligence, have the unit checked by someone that knows what they're looking at, and get all available records before signing. Politely informing the forum members about the shady dealings is fine, but you needed to be talking to a lawyer long ago.

Three years after the sale there is zero chance of the dealer buying the coach back. You say you are overextended and this is your only option, I would suggest that you put it up for sale and move on. I believe that is your only option.

A good object lesson in:

1. Not believing what the salesman says.
2. Doing the homework BEFORE making the purchase.

Google Apache Village RV, read their reviews, along with their better business rating. Decide for yourself.

kdbgoat said:
Google Apache Village RV, read their reviews, along with their better business rating. Decide for yourself.

Out of 71 reviews only 6 are negative and one of them is the OP's and still writing in all caps. The BBB gives them 5 out of 5 stars and their reviews are 4.5 out of 5. This sounds like a place I might want to go if in that area. Thanks for the tip but too bad the post didn't work out like you had hoped.

I decided to take the time to read this silly rant:

"THEY ARE OUT TO GET THE STUPID CONSUMER SO THEY CAN GET RICH."

It sure looks like they succeeded. They took it for a test drive and the drive belt fell off and they still bought it. Amazing.

"THE BRAKES WERE MAKING BANGING NOISES WHEN WE LEFT"

The brakes weren't banging when they test drove it? ???

I'm sorry your dream has been a nightmare.

You will certainly get more responses if your first post isn't a rant.  Reading all caps in a very long post consisting of one paragraph isn't fun to read.

Still I ask why anyone buys a used anything (especially from a dealer) for that sum of money and basically believes everything they have to say, and doesn't even have something as simple as a carfax performed beforehand.  Sure the seller was scum, but by the time we're out of our twenties we should know enough to trust but verify.  When the buyer exercises no diligence the result is often predictable.

Hope you can get something resolved, but in my experience most of the time getting lawyers involved only makes money for the lawyers.  Your best bet at this point is to either do what it takes to get it operable (if it isn't), or unload it for whatever you can get out of it.

I don't trust anyone. Not too many companies or businesses stand by their products anymore. Once the sale is completed the buyer is forgotten. Salespeople are there to make money not make you happy. Lying is not beneath them (if there are some salespeople on this forum and this does not apply to you, I apologize). You have to do your homework and take the facts and figures with you when you go to the dealership.

Your experience is an example of a good reason to join sites like this prior to purchasing an RV, not afterwards.  Your bad experience could have been avoided.  However, I still hope you get some recompense.  I don't buy from dealers for those very reasons you mentioned.  I want to buy from the original owner when at all possible.  I want to see them, listen to their RV story, and get a feel for their experiences with their RV.  I want to know the real history from the horses mouth.  Those who think they are getting some added protection by buying a used coach from a dealer, is getting just the opposite in my opinion and experiences.  On top of that, one is paying $10-$20k for the dealer's profit.  Some might think it is worth that to know that the dealer has gone through the coach and fixed all its problems, when in fact it is more like they went through it to hide many of its problems and past damage.  That is if they did anything at all to it besides washing it down.

This is how I mostly see it.  There are exceptions to anything though, and I suspect there are a few reputable used RV dealers out there.

Some lessons learned are very expensive.

We have bene warned.. Many TV shows featuring Used Car Salesmen.. (Used RV Salesmebn are the same breed only bigger)

Salesman: "It was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to Church on Sunday"

Reality
The little old lady was Granny Flash, President of the Passedena Senior Citizen's Drag Racing assoication.

Her "CHurch" Was the quarter mile track.

(Note: I did not make up Granny Flash, Got her from a Pink Panther Cartoon).

The first post here and it is an essentially unreadable rant.

I read enough of the post to know that the buyers did no research (you ran a CarFax AFTER you bought it?  Why not before?) they did not walk away from the deal when problems presented themselves BEFORE they bought it (coolant leak and no belt) and now they want to blame someone else because they got into a bad deal on an obviously problematic coach.

It's a classic example of what's wrong with society today...if something bad happens to me, it HAS to be YOUR fault. Good grief.

Sorry, but the OP gets no sympathy from me.

catblaster said:
    Out of 71 reviews only 6 are negative and one of them is the OP's and still writing in all caps. The BBB gives them 5 out of 5 stars and their reviews are 4.5 out of 5. This sounds like a place I might want to go if in that area. Thanks for the tip but too bad the post didn't work out like you had hoped.

Yep. The only bad review with the BBB seems to be nearly identical to this OPs rant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom