Inverter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

We are new to RVing and have a Class A Forest River 34foot 2017. Is there a way to have the electrical outlets and TV/DVD players work while driving? I have heard you need an Inverter but I was hoping there is one already there that I just don't know about. I looked in the manuals and see nothing about this. My grandkids will appreciate any help with this.

Thanks
Holly Sanders

We are new to RVing and have a Class A Forest River 34foot 2017. Is there a way to have the electrical outlets and TV/DVD players work while driving? I have heard you need an Inverter but I was hoping there is one already there that I just don't know about. I looked in the manuals and see nothing about this. My grandkids will appreciate any help with this.

Thanks
Holly Sanders

Holly
Your 2017 Class A Forest River probably already has an inverter on board.
I suggest you ask the dealer who sold the coach to you how to run your TV/DVD player while driving...(and about anything else you don't understand).

Another option would be portable DVD players. We have bought one for each of our grandkids, and they love 'em. They can watch what they want regardless of what the other wants to watch, and they wear headphones or ear buds so the sound isn't bothering anyone else.

Just a reminder that if the TV is within view of the driver, the law says it can't be running while you're driving, so RV companies build it that way.

Larry N. said:
Just a reminder that if the TV is within view of the driver, the law says it can't be running while you're driving, so RV companies build it that way.

What's wrong with watching TV while driving. Many people text, put on make-up and read the daily newspaper.  :eek: ::) :mad: :( :)(

What Forest River coach model? There are several models, and different standard and optional equipment in each. For  example, Berkhires and Lagacys generally have an inverter that supplies most general purpose circuits, while FR3's generally do not (it is optional and may be tv only).

The coach almost surely has a generator, though. Why not just run the genset and then everything works? That's why god & Forest River gave you a genset...

Back
Top Bottom