Just Bought our first Trailer, 1997 Rockwood 1620

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBC

Hi Everyone, this is my first post.  We just purchased a 1997 Rockwood 1620 Tent Trailer for our young family.  Our tow vehicle is a 2012 GMC Acadia without the tow package.  The previous owner never had a battery on the trailer as they always plugged in.  I have just added a battery, but need to figure out how to charge it.  The Converter does not charge the battery, and I have a 4 pin plug from the Acadia and a 7 pin adapter to plug into the trailer.  Will the 4 pin plug provide power to charge the battery?  If not what are the best or cheapest options to charge the battery?

Looking at this link, it looks like your 4 pin plug is only for ground, left directional, right directional and tail lights. Nothing goes to the battery. Why do you say the converter does not charge the battery while plugged in to 110 Volt AC?

Oh, Welcome to the forum.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

Thanks for the reply,  the converter is clearly labeled not suitable for battery charging. It is a MagneTek 6600 series power converter.

You are right. It will not charge the battery. The only 2 options you'd have is either change out the converter with one that does charge the battery or bring a battery charger with you and when then battery gets low and the lights start to dim, plug in the charger.

Back
Top Bottom