Work & Play trailers - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First time I have heard of that model by Forest River but... This might help elicit other replies. There are many different toy-hauler models available today.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/toy-haulers/work-and-play

We like to tour on motorcycles. The hassle these days is we need to ride two days on the superslab to get anywhere interesting. So, we have done a few trips using our "converted" utility trailer. The trailer is a 14' v-nose with barn doors and an RV side door. It also has 3 windows and is wired with shore power.
This lets us drive in comfort for the couple of days of highway not to mention we can cover more miles in a day in the truck as well.

We unload the bikes when we get to the camp site, set up a queen bed in the rear, and set up an outdoor kitchen. We have a portable AC unit for hot weather and electric heaters for cold. A dorm fridge, coffee maker and portapotty go up front.

Some of the disadvantages include needing motels along the way as the bikes (Harley touring models) take up the sleeping space, the hassle of setting up / striking the kitchen at each stop, cooking in the rain, no real indoor plumbing, and minimal indoor comfort on rainy days.

Even as light as this rig is (GVWR is 7500), my 1500 Hemi works pretty hard in hilly country.
So, I plan to trade up to a lightly used 3500 diesel next year. I thought about a 2500 but my reading here and elsewhere convinced me that the ride difference wasn't much but the capacity was worth the few additional dollars. I could just go to a dually but as we will be living the Boston suburbs for a few more years, I can't see parking it in Cambridge and it flat out can't fit at the mother in laws in NYC. Maybe when we move up north. I sure don't mind driving a big rig as I have a class A CDL, it more about the practical.

We thought the ultimate would be a 5vr toy hauler but many we liked would need a dually truck. We then started looking a TT toy hauler since with a WDH we could tow a pretty sizable one with a 3500 SRW.

Next, our thoughts went to motor homes, class C initially and then class A and we could just tow our existing trailer. Exploring this option was fun until we started adding up the $$ and we still would not have something to drive around with on bad weather days.

Hmm, back to thinking about what started this quest... what if we could find something that could facilitate our entry to RV camping without going in too deep. We looked at the Forest River offerings but didn't notice the W&P and I have read much about their products here. Then we found (and remembered seeing at the RV shows last winter) the Work & Play and I realized I had not read a thing about them. So, here we are.

Sorry for the novel but I hope it puts all my questions in perspective.

Look into the keystone fuzion they are a nice toyhauler. We ride a Harley and we are able to fit two bikes in the garage

Work & Play may be a specific model within the Toy Hauler (TH) category.  Many folks here have and love their TH specifically for the reasons you mentioned.  They come in many sizes and comfort levels.  Ask questions and we will try to help.

Lynx0849 said:
We like to tour on motorcycles. The hassle these days is we need to ride two days on the superslab to get anywhere interesting. So, we have done a few trips using our "converted" utility trailer. The trailer is a 14' v-nose with barn doors and an RV side door. It also has 3 windows and is wired with shore power.
This lets us drive in comfort for the couple of days of highway not to mention we can cover more miles in a day in the truck as well.

We unload the bikes when we get to the camp site, set up a queen bed in the rear, and set up an outdoor kitchen. We have a portable AC unit for hot weather and electric heaters for cold. A dorm fridge, coffee maker and portapotty go up front.

Some of the disadvantages include needing motels along the way as the bikes (Harley touring models) take up the sleeping space, the hassle of setting up / striking the kitchen at each stop, cooking in the rain, no real indoor plumbing, and minimal indoor comfort on rainy days.

Even as light as this rig is (GVWR is 7500), my 1500 Hemi works pretty hard in hilly country.
So, I plan to trade up to a lightly used 3500 diesel next year. I thought about a 2500 but my reading here and elsewhere convinced me that the ride difference wasn't much but the capacity was worth the few additional dollars. I could just go to a dually but as we will be living the Boston suburbs for a few more years, I can't see parking it in Cambridge and it flat out can't fit at the mother in laws in NYC. Maybe when we move up north. I sure don't mind driving a big rig as I have a class A CDL, it more about the practical.

We thought the ultimate would be a 5vr toy hauler but many we liked would need a dually truck. We then started looking a TT toy hauler since with a WDH we could tow a pretty sizable one with a 3500 SRW.

Next, our thoughts went to motor homes, class C initially and then class A and we could just tow our existing trailer. Exploring this option was fun until we started adding up the $$ and we still would not have something to drive around with on bad weather days.

Hmm, back to thinking about what started this quest... what if we could find something that could facilitate our entry to RV camping without going in too deep. We looked at the Forest River offerings but didn't notice the W&P and I have read much about their products here. Then we found (and remembered seeing at the RV shows last winter) the Work & Play and I realized I had not read a thing about them. So, here we are.

Sorry for the novel but I hope it puts all my questions in perspective.

I have a couple buddies with W&P fifth wheel TH, and they love them. Personally, I don't like any of the smaller ones that do not have a separate garage area from the living quarters, but that is just my opinion.

Check out the W&P 30WRS. Pretty sweet setups and options.

If money isn't a huge concern, look at ATC trailers. Wow those are nice.....and spendy.

Good luck on your search.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom