Doggie grooming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We regularly use a local pet groomer while at our home base. While at our WY lot, the only groomer in town is always booked, and the groomer near our OH town house has issues with drying dogs on humid days; On our last visit to OH, the dogs were 'stuck' in the groomers all day because they "couldn't dry them".

Today, Chris called our regular local groomers, but they're fully booked until after our planned departure date. So Chris got out the dog clippers and proceeded to trim our cockapoos (mother and daughter). I grabbed some video shots which I cropped and stitched into a single clip:

https://youtu.be/H3TSQEtj9ZY

Both dogs were well behaved through the process. Next step is a bath.

When Chris was done trimming, the local groomers called and said they had a cancellation. You snooze, you lose, especially with my other half.

Chris plans to take the dog clippers on our upcoming sojourn.

My DW started grooming our late schnauzer when he was a puppy. That was 11 years ago. At $35.00 dollars a wack, she saved us a lot of $$$
Looks like Chris is a pro already. Good job. I understand it will get easier.

Way to go, Chris!!!  I just tried this on Tom a week ago with not too bad results.  (My opinion. haha)

For 12 years my best friend was an Old English Sheepdog named Teiler (registered name Teiler Seiler). I bought a set of clippers and groomed and bathed him on a weekly basis. I kept his hair long till he was a year old then I shaved him down to a cue ball every few months. Much more comfortable for him. He was one hell of a good Frisbee dog.

Attachments

• Teiler and Chester.jpg
    Teiler and Chester.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Tom 1985-02.jpg
    Tom 1985-02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 16
Sheryl trims our York is about every 2 months when on the road just using regular scissors. At home she goes to a pro for $45. But we have to take her to a Petco or similar to get her toenails clipped. She won't allow us to do it. That is about $12.

Back
Top Bottom