Camping near Baton Rouge, LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sully525

My son is moving to Baton Rouge. Anyone familiar with the available parks in that area?

I visited family in Baton Rouge a few weeks ago.  The reviews of campgrounds near there were not so great.  Reunion Lake was recommended to me, so I stayed there and it worked out well.  It's a long easy drive to the east of Baton Rouge.  http://www.reunionlakerv.com/

Our daughter lives in Baton Rouge and we have been there many times over the last seven years of full timing.

That said, your selections will be dependent on the size of your rig, and how far you want to expose yourself on I-12.

We stay in Lakeside RV Park in Livingston which has become increasingly expensive, reservations are important, and weekends are rallies. It is a family friendly park.

Reunion Lake opened recently and we drove through it. A little drive into Baton Rouge but depends on which side of BTR you need to be on.

West of BTR is Cajun Palms, a little remote, but nice, and a bit of a drive back in.

The KOA in BTR is a little hard to maneuver in a bigger rig and KOA pricey.

Especially since the flood last year, there's a bit of crush on places anywhere in the area.

If you are "camping",  several state parks in the area offer some interesting places for a day or two.

For us in a 42' motorhome, good places are not easy to come by. And Cajuns love their campgrounds! Lots of contention for not so many spots.

Thank you..I had looked and that is what I saw. Glad to hear your opinion of the ones that are there. May have to do the hotel thing.  :(

We haven't been to the area but a coworker of mine, now full-timing, has and reports football weekends are pretty crazy, IF you can even get a spot. Living in a city with a big time SEC school, I can also vouch for a) an absence of available slots unless you book way in advance, and b) lots of extracurricular activity around the campground during a home game weekend. Might be best to avoid the area during those times.

We have stayed at Farr Park a couple of times.  Nothing fancy and price doubled the last time we were there.  You have to leave your site to dump but they do have water and 50 amps at each site.  A little remote right along the river and they have a horse arena and stalls in the park. Seemed pretty safe and secure which is a real plus around BR.

X 2 on Farr Equestrian Center.  We stayed there several years ago.  Water and electric.  Cost us $10.00 per night.  Nice to watch the horses in the pasture. Easy on/off Interstate.  If you are just looking for a place to park while you are visiting relatives I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Thank you...I think we will stay at Farr park, at least the first time.  We are usually not in the park much anyway as we are usually doing other things.

We stayed at Farr in January and they charged us $40 a night,,,,, YIKES,,,,, for a place without full hookups ?  They said they had to double the price from last year because they have wi-fi now.  Like I said, it is a decent place but not a $40 a night place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom