Dometic 2652 refrigerator not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CBR

2013 manufacture date
2 way with optional fan
Failed while traveling and operating on LP
Interstate travel in windy conditions
No light on control panel above freezer door
Used a multimeter to determine no 12 volt power at control panel
Checked all fuses inside and out, all fuses were operational
Used multimeter to determine 12v going into outside circuit board but no 12v coming out
Ordered new board from Amazon.
The original board is discontinued and was replaced in 2016 with a board that has 1 fuse instead of 2
Replaced board- no change in status there was nothing wrong with the board.
Called Dometic for assistance. They were not helpful.
Preparing to pull the refrigerator to trace wire I discovered an in line therma fuse hidden in a wire bundle behind the flue. This therma fuse was blown. Once again Dometic was not helpful. I found the part on eBay. 5 fuses delivered for $7. It is important to use the 152Centigrade fuse.
I replaced the fuse. Refrigerator fully functional using the new board and therma fuse.
Lessons learned: Dometic is not interested in helping the end user ( do it yourselfer) fix their product. They want you to take the unit to an authorized repair facility. My logic for determining failed board was based on multimeter readings rather than a clear understanding of the circuitry. Perhaps the new design board will prevent another therma fuse failure.

My understanding of the function of a thermal fuse is to blow when the surrounding temperature gets too high.  I'm not sure how a control board might affect that.  It could be the fuse did its job and blew when the flue got too hot.  Somewhere in Resources (I think) is a write-up on a recall/mod for overheating fridge.  You may want to check to see if it has been applied to your fridge and if not, apply it.

what part number did you get.  I have the same exact problem.  Did you have to pull the fridge to get to the wire bundle?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom