Displaying the American flag on Memorial Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
For those who are unaware, this is the way the flag should be flown tomorrow. It should be at half mast till noontime then it gets raised to full mast. The reason is that in the morning, it is to remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for this country and in the afternoon, it's for the one's who have served and are still with us and for the service members serving now. 
Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Good information; I never knew that. I don't have a flagpole, just a flag holder that is not adjustable. What is the proper protocol?

UTTransplant said:
Good information; I never knew that. I don't have a flagpole, just a flag holder that is not adjustable. What is the proper protocol?

Protocol for Flags Mounted on Homes

For flags that cannot be lowered, such as those mounted on homes, an acceptable alternative is to attach a black ribbon or streamer to the top of the flag pole, directly beneath the ornament at the end of the pole. The ribbon or streamer should be the same width as a stripe on the flag and the same length as the flag.

Rene T said:
Protocol for Flags Mounted on Homes

For flags that cannot be lowered, such as those mounted on homes, an acceptable alternative is to attach a black ribbon or streamer to the top of the flag pole, directly beneath the ornament at the end of the pole. The ribbon or streamer should be the same width as a stripe on the flag and the same length as the flag.
My flag flies 24/7/365 and I never knew that. I will have to find a black streamer. Thanks Rene! ;D

Not a flag issue. .. But my day consisted of Church in the AM, followed by a concert in the PM.  IN REMEMBERANCE.

The Biringham (Mi) Concert band, with guest vocalist Davis Gloff (possible relation but we do not know, his family and mine came over on same boat). White Chappel Cemetary (I-75 and Long Lake, Troy, MI. where my wife now "Resides") salute to armed forces veterns both living and deceased.. (Many of whom are interred there).

Davis is a friend of mine as well.    AND... (Shock) He knows the real Lyrics to Stars and Stripes Forever (not many even know it has real lyrics though many know about Mitch Miller and his ducks.

Good information.  I would like to add, and please correct me if i'm wrong, if raising the
flag in the morning you should take it to the top, pause momentarily, then lower it to
half staff.

mypursuit said:
Good information.  I would like to add, and please correct me if i'm wrong, if raising the
flag in the morning you should take it to the top, pause momentarily, then lower it to
half staff.

Yes, that's proper flag etiquette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom