Fresh Water Valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoss10

When I was winterizing my Trailer I thought it would be a good idea to remove the small screen on my external  fresh water intake valve (the one that hooks the trailer up to outside water source) and pushed the valve in a bit to get the RV anti freeze to fill the valve.  I replaced the screen and left it for the winter.  It now seems that I have a leak at the valve when the system is pressurized.  Anyone have any idea of what I messed up and how to fix it.  I seem to remember reading about an O ring that can be replaced but I can't find the information.  Thanks for the help. Ted

Just take a pencil and push in on the ball with the eraser end. It's probably just a piece of dirt in there. You can also do it with the pump on. Start the pump and let it build up pressure, then shut it off. As the pressure drops, push in on the ball with the pencil. That should flush out anything in there.

I happen to agree with Rene & Lucille on pushing that button to release any dirt/debris

Others have cautions "Oh no never do that" but.. Well.  I happen to agree with the above..
Why?

Well the folks who yammer "you will break it" .. It's already broken, so there are only two things that cam happen.

Either pushing the button and letting it flush out fixes it.. Or you replace the fitting, only costs a few dollars. likely get change back from a 20, easy to replace.

John From Detroit said:
I happen to agree with Rene & Lucille on pushing that button to release any dirt/debris

hoss10
I agree with both Rene T and John From Detroit.

I also use do that when winterizing with pink stuff to make sure that line was flooded with it. Now I have a 100% foolproof way of winterizing. Never had any issues with freezing. I now go to FL.

Back
Top Bottom