Kwikee step won't move either direction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suprodn

Have a kwikee 2 step electric step that won't move. Has power on motor and if you open or close the door the power will switch to other wire and control box relay clicks also. Thinking it's a motor being power is switching. This is a older step coach is a 97 hoilday rambler endeavor. Does the control box switch power and ground or just power. Anyone have the part number for the ford window motor I hear everyone using as a replacement.

There are a variety of motors in use.  If you can find the Kwikee number try searching for that number.  There are cross references in several places and one of them is bound to pop up in your search results.

Another way is to remove the motor and take it to an auto parts store.

As said above first try lubing them. Remove the pin holding the arm to the steps so you can move the steps in and out. If you get them to move freely and they still don't work, this is some info I have collected over the years from various threads for Kwikee steps. Maybe there is some info that will help.

Kwikee step testing procedure

If you need sources for motors or parts check the following:

Motor 

PARTS 1

PARTS 2

PARTS 3

Newer motor 1101428

When you find out the model number, you can download the manual from the Internet. It will give you additional info on how to diagnose problems with the steps.

I took my old motor to NAPA where they matched it up. Later the next year it went bad again so I took it back to NAPA and found the it has a lifetime guarantee. I got another one even though the price had doubled. Just keep the receipt in the binder with your manuals and instructions.

Me step quit working on the road. When I got home I took the arm lose that controls the movement of the step in and out. I then operated the step switch. The arm moved as it should. I hooked it back up and it has worked fine. It just came in too far and got itself in a bind. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

bllrdck said:
Me step quit working on the road. When I got home I took the arm lose that controls the movement of the step in and out. I then operated the step switch. The arm moved as it should. I hooked it back up and it has worked fine. It just came in too far and got itself in a bind. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

ours did that shortly after we bought it back in 2010, not too long after I had to replace it. On ours ther are rubber pieces that take up the shock from starting and stopping, they had deteriorated to the point replacement was the only option. What I am trying to say is for you to get reado to replace it in thenear future, it will bind up more often as time goes on. 

Back
Top Bottom