Finished sewing new dinette cushions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twentyrivers

I didn't get back to sewing these dinette cushions until this year. I was kind of dreading the project. I did cut most of the fabric pieces last year. I put vinyl on the top and brown water repellant fabric on the bottom.
A wood kick plate will cover the mechanics.
Recap: we pulled out the old curved booth dinette, and built an L shape bench. Still using the table, but may swap the top of that for a rectangle.
The shape has been working good for us.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/14236065@N05/488i05
https://www.flickr.com/gp/14236065@N05/1siZJ8

Camper pics and projects are linked in my signature.

Great job! I just finished mine as well and now I won't let anybody sit on them. Even myself. I don't want them to get dirty!

@wegocampin no way. I don't even want to sew backs, I like the pillows! I can see why my aunt stapled material over foam to plywood!
@katammers I bought my vinyl at a fabric warehouse in the minneapolis area, SR Harris. Sid's advice was to use it! LOL It was about half the price of retail. I put water repellant material on the bottom, which I waited forever for fabric.com to put on sale. It's slightly scratchy, so I'm glad it's the bottom.
I don't want anyone to ruin them either, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. The vinyl will repel water from wet swimsuits, I just hope the chlorine doesn't do a number. I guess that's camping life. :)

I think I got my brown zipper from wawak. I realized this after I sewed one, and the leftover wasn't long enough for the second cushion. I ended up at joann's, and could only get black or white. Thankfully the fabric covers it.

Twentyrivers said:
@wegocampin no way. I don't even want to sew backs, I like the pillows! I can see why my aunt stapled material over foam to plywood!
@katammers I bought my vinyl at a fabric warehouse in the minneapolis area, SR Harris. Sid's advice was to use it! LOL It was about half the price of retail. I put water repellant material on the bottom, which I waited forever for fabric.com to put on sale. It's slightly scratchy, so I'm glad it's the bottom.
I don't want anyone to ruin them either, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. The vinyl will repel water from wet swimsuits, I just hope the chlorine doesn't do a number. I guess that's camping life. :)

I think I got my brown zipper from wawak. I realized this after I sewed one, and the leftover wasn't long enough for the second cushion. I ended up at joann's, and could only get black or white. Thankfully the fabric covers it.

Lol... okay, fine. I guess I'll do my own.  :p My thought is to do a type of pillowcase cover. Easy to take off and wash.  ;)

I did consider that, but I knew I wanted to use vinyl. I think it would work great if you used fabric.

Back
Top Bottom