rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Protecting my black water... silly kids  (Read 635 times)

Protecting my black water... silly kids
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:21 PM »
Hi,
I'm Julie.  :)  I just found this forum and I'm happy that there are so many experienced RV'ers ready and willing to help us noobs out there. And a place where us noobs can share our goof ups with others! My husband and I sometimes park our 24' Leprechaun on the street in front of our house when I'm getting it ready for a trip. Last week Somebody opened our black water tank so that it would empty into the street. Luckily, it was empty!!  :)  It was just some "Happy Camper" and a little water. Is there any way to lock the tank so the little neighbor jokers can't open it? We're pretty sure it's just kids. We occasionally do a day trip to the beach and don't need to empty before we leave the following weekend for our next outing. If anyone has any ideas, or similar experiences, I'd love to hear it.  :)
Have a great evening!

2kGeorgieBoy

• ---
Re: Protecting my black water... silly kids
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:48:36 AM »
Maybe smear some axle grease or used diesel engine oil on the handle?  ;)
2000 Georgie Boy Maverick
31' E450 V10  No slides
our toys:
'08 Polaris Touring LE ATV (mine)
'12 Polaris 550 XP ATV (wife's)
1968 AH Sprite (original owners, not on road at this time)
Gary, Jena, and Presley (our awesome yellow Lab).
Westcliffe, CO.

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • We go where our wheels take us!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:42:14 AM »
On some of the valves the handle unscrews from the shaft. That would make it more difficult for the little devils at least. Or maybe tape a sign where they can't miss it when they reach for the valves that says "Smile, you're on camera!" ;)
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 08:49:10 AM »
One of the things I like about my Class A...... That handle is behind a door. with a LOCK and key.

Oh by the way  I know a man who might just like you..  You see she told a story (yes I changed genders there) back when he was a she about going to buy a motor home.. Settled on a Leprechaun.. You see, he is and she was a Celtic Musician.   Could not resist the 30' Leprechaun   

Now lives in a house...Good enough at music and a large enough fan base that her partner quit his job, and became her full time recording engineer..  Well with JUST her income from her music they were able to finance a nice house.

NOTE: Not exactly a friend (Do not know well enough) but a good acquaintance whom I've had the privlidge of singing with .
(And yes. I have strange acquaintances and friends... But Music will do that to you.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:52:58 AM by John From Detroit »
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.