2005 Pilgrim 30' 5th wheel yay or nay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwbush

Greetings forum members from gloomy South Jersey...

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 30' Pilgrim 5er and I was hoping someone or maybe more could comment on said unit...

ALL comments welcomed both pro and con for obvious reasons... The seller is asking way too much money... NADA 'Good' pricing is at $6660.00 he's asking $7500.00 ... Thinking my range to be $5000.00 to $5750.00 not too much more regardless of condition! I haven't yet seen the unit other than EXTERIOR pictures with which a buck and a quarter buys a small coffee...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Keith

Hey, looky here I reached 500 posts I think I'll go have an adult beverage!

grashley said:
Keith,

We learn more by reading than posting!

Sorry, no comment on the FW.

Thanks grashley... Mom and dad always said "kiddies should be seen and not heard" advice I've tried to live by... operative word TRIED, I haven't been too successful though...

Keith

Which model Pilgrim is it?  There are 3-4 that could be described as 30 footers, depending on whether you mean overall length, floor plan length, or maybe a reference to a model number. Probably not a great difference in the NADA pricing, though.

The free online NADA Guide is  just estimated depreciation and not a market value based on recent sales, and in a 12 year old RV condition is more important than anything else. Check around on sites like RVTrader.com to see what others are asking, and check PPL Motorhomes Sold list to see if another Pilgrim 5W has sold recently and at what price. PPL is a consignment dealer, so those prices are essentially for an "as-is private sale" rather than dealer pricing.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/sold/fifth-wheel-trailers.htm

That's good advice! I had a 40' Pilgram (2005) Open Road for about 6 years and sold it a year and a half ago for $14,500... Over all a pretty well built rig! We really enjoyed it with no major issues! I think the average book on it then was about $16,500...

Hello there. I read your post as I was looking for advice on something else. Congrats on your replies. Last year I sold A Damon Hornet Sport 27BH no slide for 7,000.00 with the hitch that came with the camper. The blue book listed around 4,500.00. No way was I letting my baby go for that. It really depends on the condition as others have posted. Mine was in great shape. Newer awning fabric, never cooked in, new rims and newer tires, mattress still had original bag on it. No visible leaks. Roof was maintained yearly. Inside looked brand new. It was my dad and I that camped in it so.... we were pretty careful with it. It took 9 weeks to sell it. A couple purchased it. They came out at 7:00 AM with ladder he got on the roof, under the camper, hung out inside . They said they could not believe it was really in as good of condition as stated and pictured. They had cash in hand. My point is the quality of my 2003 Hornet was so far above the quality of campers today. I now have a 2016 Wildwood that the quality is simply not there. Point being asking price is not off target  BUT... if you buy.... go over it with fine tooth comb. Ask for receipts for service or maintenance from dealer, RV service or other like tire store if they have them. If they have no receipts to show you....... WALK AWAY!

Thanks for all the replies thus far I truly value forum members opinions!

Still haven't had a chance to personally tour the unit, will  elaborate further after the tour...

Keith

Back
Top Bottom