Windshield shifting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2008 Windsport

I have just recently purchased a 2008 Thor Windsport, the windshield was just fixed and I took it out last weekend for the first time.  As I was diving over some rough highway, the windshield shifted.  It pulled to the left side almost a .5".  It must be fixed again this week.  I had 3 Winnebago's and this never happened to them.  Is this common and am I to expect this to happen again.  They are telling me that the coach is twisting.  Some of the campgrounds we stay in have speed bumps and tilted roads. How touchy are these windshields?  Can anybody give me any insight to this problem?

2008 Windsport said:
I have just recently purchased a 2008 Thor Windsport, the windshield was just fixed and I took it out last weekend for the first time.  As I was diving over some rough highway, the windshield shifted.  It pulled to the left side almost a .5".  It must be fixed again this week.  I had 3 Winnebago's and this never happened to them.  Is this common and am I to expect this to happen again.  They are telling me that the coach is twisting.  Some of the campgrounds we stay in have speed bumps and tilted roads. How touchy are these windshields?  Can anybody give me any insight to this problem?

The coach IS twisting but that is normal. Believe it or not, in many cases the windshield is part of the structure, keeping the big hole square. According to a glass guy who just put in a window (not windshield) in our coach, sometimes they have to put a jack in the opening as the roof will sag without the windshield installed.

I suspect yours was simply not seated correctly and will have to be reinstalled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom