one more water pressure problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turkeydriver

I have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35. When dewinterizing I get almost no water pressure from the pump. Upon inspection I noticed water and air bubbles coming from the big seam in the middle of the water pump. Appeared to be a gasket failure. I replaced the pump but still no pressure. City water sorks fine and I can't find water leaking anywhere. The pump won't shut off and the water filter on the intake side of the pump is a mass of churniong air bubbles. Worked fine in the fall. I'm going to try some teflon tape on the threads on either side of the filter. Anything else obvious I should be looking for. I just retired and am leaving WV for a 2000 mile drive to AZ in a week. Help!!!!!

How do you fill the water tank??

Many models have a hand operated valve that is thrown to the 'tank fill' position to fill the tank from a hose connected to the city water inlet and back to the "city water" position to use. If this is your case, that valve may be cracked open a bit or not fully closing and admitting air. The original problem of bubbles at the seam may have been due to water freezing in the pump itself or that valve over the winter if that was possible. With no obvious water leaks, you may be pumping water from the tank and back into the tank through that valve.

The pump is not shutting off simply because it is unable to build up pressure, likely due to the air (bubbles) in the system.

Ensure the tank fill valve already mentioned is in the correct position ... mine would be set to "city water". Ensure the low point drain(s) are closed.  Sometimes my pump is still airlocked at point. If I then open the low point drain (beside the pump in my case) and wait until water is freely flowing through the pump,  that normally primes the pump and it will shut down after I close the low punt drain.

Moron alert!!!!!!  Thanks Alpha38 and afchap.  Had the valve set on tank fill. Solved the problem. Going to the local Mexican restaurant to celebrate with some nachos and a cold beer.  You guys made my day!
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

turkeydriver said:
I have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35. When dewinterizing I get almost no water pressure from the pump. Upon inspection I noticed water and air bubbles coming from the big seam in the middle of the water pump. Appeared to be a gasket failure. I replaced the pump but still no pressure. City water sorks fine and I can't find water leaking anywhere. The pump won't shut off and the water filter on the intake side of the pump is a mass of churniong air bubbles. Worked fine in the fall. I'm going to try some teflon tape on the threads on either side of the filter. Anything else obvious I should be looking for. I just retired and am leaving WV for a 2000 mile drive to AZ in a week. Help!!!!!

turkeydriver
On my coach that will happen if/when I forget to turn the water valve from "FILL" to "CITY" after filling the water tank.

turkeydriver said:
Moron alert!!!!!!  Thanks Alpha38 and afchap.  Had the valve set on tank fill. Solved the problem. Going to the local Mexican restaurant to celebrate with some nachos and a cold beer.  You guys made my day!
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hope you kept them old pump because there was probably nothing wrong with it. If you can't bring back the new one, I guess it's nice to have a spare although in all the years RV'ing, I never had to replace a pump.

You're making me feel a little less stupid  ::)  Rene, the old pump was leaking at the seam between the motor head and the pump body. Just a seepage with the occasional bubble. May not have been long for this world but I am keeping as an emergency backup.  Thanks

Back
Top Bottom