Man, I can really hate concrete highways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Stephens said:
That 30 mile stretch took out my generator by bottoming it out on its springs and severing the conduit to the transfer switch, and made me rehang my door. I will never travel down that stretch of road again.

If you think we are so funny, I guess the question must be asked of why you are living with roads that bad. You make it sound like we're a bunch of whiners that don't know how bad it can get. If that's the case, your sanity or intelligence must be questioned if you are willing to live with roads as you described.

slow down my friend no need to get so touchy - i live where i live because i choose too the frost heaves are a weather related issue because the temps can drop to -40 on a regular basis, and i can assure you i am neither insane nor stupid i am CANADIAN and proud of it with some great American friends if you choose to whine that is entirely your choice.

steveblonde said:

slow down my friend no need to get so touchy - i live where i live because i choose too the frost heaves are a weather related issue because the temps can drop to -40 on a regular basis, and i can assure you i am neither insane nor stupid i am CANADIAN and proud of it with some great American friends if you choose to whine that is entirely your choice.

I agree with you on the frost heaves.  Lived in North Dakota for over 30 years and the frost line there was at least 4 feet down so if you didn't want it to freeze it better be lower than that.  Roads really take a beating from those super cold temps.  My daughter is now a Canadian by marriage so we are pretty much an international family.  I have to admit that on a few (very few) occasions the wife and I have seen what seems to be petty jealousy (of what?) from some Canadians when we are visiting.  More like a chip on the shoulder but nothing very serious.  BUT Canada is the cleanest country I have ever seen.  I had to laugh when I saw truck after truck hauling garbage out of Ontario into Michigan for dumping.  Who knew?....lol

Back
Top Bottom