Canoe on top? How? Canoe trailer that bypasses my spare tire carrier...where ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drtomiverson

I have a 2012 Roadtrek Popular 190.  It has a huge spare tire carrier on the back, blocking the left door.
I don't see how to get it on top with the AC and the antenna and don't really want to pull a trailer but don't see any other way to carry a canoe.  Has ANYONE figured this out or added a small trailer for this purpose?  I want to load a 17 foot aluminum canoe.
  Appreciate any leads...

Here's a link you might be interested in. Good luck.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8/kayak-racks-on-top-of-my-roadtrek-any-ideas-3060.html

When I was using a class C, I bought an old boat trailer and modified it to carry a canoe, a small motor bike, a large storage box, and a generator.

Joel

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 15
A canoe trailer is not only easier to put boats on than the top of a RV, it also generally gets better mileage than putting a canoe on top of a vehicle. I know it works that way with my car and boat trailer. We bought a regular power boat trailer that DH modified to carry up to 4 canoes or kayaks plus had a bog storage box too. If you don't need the storage, there are numerous lightweight trailers designed to carry 1 to 4 boats.

I do canoe with a couple that puts their two boats on top of a big pickup camper, but they have to do a lot of scrambling and hauling things up with ropes. More trouble than I want to go to.

Back
Top Bottom