EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: spooky water pump  (Read 407 times)

dabrown

• ---
spooky water pump
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:19:33 AM »
took jayco class c camping for first time last week, did not put any water in tanks as was hooking up to hydrant,  but the first the coach pump ran on and off. I kept checking switches and they were turned off.  it finaly quite on day 2.  (what gives)

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
Re: spooky water pump
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:51 AM »
It must have been on somehow maybe a bad switch.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 07:04:09 AM »
There are often 2, maybe 3 switches for the water pump, did you find them all?? Bathroom area, Kitchen area, on the tank monitor all come to mind.
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »
Class C's are typically small enough to have only one pump switch, but a second one is a possibility. The pump switch is usually connected to a pump controller (solenoid) as well, and a faulty controller could cause this. Pretty rare to fail that way, but it is conceivable. A faulty pump switch seems more likely, perhaps moisture in the switch shorting it, and that moisture evaporated after a while?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

dabrown

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:59:46 AM »
thankyou all, I have 2 switches bathroom, and buy the door, both were off, beats me it finally quite the next day, hopefully didn't harm pump it still comes on when I turn it on.I thought mebie it was because I didn't have any water in tanks, but I didn't think you had to, if hooking up to a hydrant.   thanks again da brown

BLWRPWR

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
This happened to me when we first got our class c home(2014 Jayco). In the driveway. Pump switch by entrance door and in bathroom. Both off. There was another pump switch in the outdoor shower compartment. With the shower hose wrapped up, door to compartment closed it would hit the rocker switch and turn on pump. Found it by luck actually.

mel s

• ---
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
took jayco class c camping for first time last week, did not put any water in tanks as was hooking up to hydrant,  but the first the coach pump ran on and off. I kept checking switches and they were turned off.  it finaly quite on day 2.  (what gives)

dabrown
Did you mean to say  "did not put any water in tanks as I was hooking up to hydrant,  but AT first the 12V WATER PUMP IN THE coach ran on and off (aka: intermittently)"?

What does the 12V water pump do when you do have water in the tank?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:05:33 PM by mel s »

Hosted by Over The Network