Overstaying your welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

Good info Tom.  On a somewhat related point, I read recently that about 40 percent of illegals are those on overstayed visas.  That is a huge number if you use the old 11 million figure that we keep hearing as the number of illegals in the country.

Bill

Bill, part of the 'overstay visa' issue is that it's virtually impossible to keep track of folks once they've been granted entry. A visitors visa doesn't allow them to legally work in the US, so presumably many of them are working at jobs where they get paid under the counter, aka in cash.

Bill N said:
Good info Tom.  On a somewhat related point, I read recently that about 40 percent of illegals are those on overstayed visas.  That is a huge number if you use the old 11 million figure that we keep hearing as the number of illegals in the country.

Bill
I thought that figure of 11 million is the number of  "undocumented illegal immigrants".

TonyDtorch said:
I thought that figure of 11 million is the number of  "undocumented illegal immigrants".

I have seen several interviews and articles Tony that clearly state the 11 million figure includes the visa overstays.  As Tom said they are virtually impossible to track and once they overstay they become illegal.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom