EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Picking a route from Minneapolis to Montreal  (Read 121 times)

Connielou

Picking a route from Minneapolis to Montreal
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
Hi! We are so new to this RV world, but excited! We are pulling a small travel trailer. I am looking for the best route from Minneapolis to Montreal. By best, I mean least stressful, avoiding Chicago heavy traffic, where to cross over to Canada  etc. we have camping booked in south east Montreal.

Any help would be appreciated!
Connielou

LarsMac

• ---
  • Larry and Margo w/ Ami the tiny co-pilot
Re: Picking a route from Minneapolis to Montreal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »
a couple of years ago, after a visit with my brother in St Paul, we drove across to Green Bay, and then up through the UP to Sault Ste Marie. After crossing, we followed highway 17 to Ottawa, then 417 to, and around the south side of Montreal to visit friends in Brossard. From there down to Concord, New Hampshire and over to Portland, ME. 
It was a bit long but very "Stress-free" and quite pleasant, with Montreal being the highest stress level on the trip.
Much better than dealing with Chicago and the whole I-80/I-90 corridor. 
2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

If you lose your sense of humor, it's just not funny anymore. - Wavy Gravy

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
    The shortest, most scenic and least stressful is head east to just north of Green Bay, up to Sault Ste Marie, HWY 17/417 to Quebec HWY 30, which will take you across the St Lawrence River and South of Montreal.  If Chicago concerns you, heading down HWY 40, 25 to 20 will scare the pants off of you.
    That route will take you through Michgan's Northern Peninsula, Sudbury, North Bay and then along the Ottawa River to Ottawa, all very picturesque.
     Welcome to the Forum, if you need specific answers, just ask.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
Hello Connielou, I don't have an answer for your put wanted to welcome you to the RV Forum from a fellow Minnesotan.  Save Travels.
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

Hosted by Over The Network