Picking a route from Minneapolis to Montreal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Connielou

Hi! We are so new to this RV world, but excited! We are pulling a small travel trailer. I am looking for the best route from Minneapolis to Montreal. By best, I mean least stressful, avoiding Chicago heavy traffic, where to cross over to Canada  etc. we have camping booked in south east Montreal.

Any help would be appreciated!
Connielou

a couple of years ago, after a visit with my brother in St Paul, we drove across to Green Bay, and then up through the UP to Sault Ste Marie. After crossing, we followed highway 17 to Ottawa, then 417 to, and around the south side of Montreal to visit friends in Brossard. From there down to Concord, New Hampshire and over to Portland, ME. 
It was a bit long but very "Stress-free" and quite pleasant, with Montreal being the highest stress level on the trip.
Much better than dealing with Chicago and the whole I-80/I-90 corridor. 

The shortest, most scenic and least stressful is head east to just north of Green Bay, up to Sault Ste Marie, HWY 17/417 to Quebec HWY 30, which will take you across the St Lawrence River and South of Montreal.  If Chicago concerns you, heading down HWY 40, 25 to 20 will scare the pants off of you.
    That route will take you through Michgan's Northern Peninsula, Sudbury, North Bay and then along the Ottawa River to Ottawa, all very picturesque.
    Welcome to the Forum, if you need specific answers, just ask.

Ed

Hello Connielou, I don't have an answer for your put wanted to welcome you to the RV Forum from a fellow Minnesotan.  Save Travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom