Rust on top of cab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garthk

Hi all.  I have recently bought a 2004 Forest River Lexington Class C/B+ motorhome and am in the process of completing various repairs.  I removed the grungy looking sealant across the seam where the cab roof meets the fiberglass RV over cab section. The sealant had failed (looked like white bathroom caulk) and the metal behind has started to rust. This must be fairly common. Anyone have a recommendation for what I can brush in to hopefully stifle the rust before apply new sealant?

Thx

Garth

Welcome to the Forum!  You will get lots of opinions, and they are worth exactly what you paid for them!

If there is room to get some sandpaper in there, maybe with a paint stick or other thin object, that can be used to apply pressure to the sandpaper, I would start there.

Can you mask off the area to only include the area behind the caulk, then use spray primer and paint?

Go to your local hardware store and buy "Ospho",,Apply with a brush and let dry. It will turn the rust to a hard film and stop the rust dead..Paint with  a brand of choice and never worry about that area again.>>>Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom