cleaning 5th wheel roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

kforrest

Hello gang.  Man, it has been awhile since I have been on here.  I have a question.  Has anyone found a product that will actually remove the spots from a rubber roof?  I assume they are mildew spots, and I have tried rubber roof cleaner with no luck.  I was thinking of using a bleach product.  Something that will bleach out those ugly spots without damaging the roof.  I am open to suggestions.

Give liquid Spic and Span a try.
That is what I use on mine.
It won't remove the AC unit water run off stain, but I found it cleans off almost all other stains

jack L

Although there are RV roof specific cleaners available, I have found any good household cleaner with some bleach added works equally as well, if not better.

A strong detergent and bleach is the best you can do and won't hurt the EPDM rubber at all. It will, however, produce a milky residue that runs down the sides and makes a mess, so rinse it off the sides quickly and thoroughly.

I suggest a medium bristle brush to help remove the gunk from the pores in the EPDM. It probably won't get all of the spots, but it helps.  If cleaning doesn't work, the alternative is re-coating with something like Liquid Roof.

Back
Top Bottom